Loving Fall Pumpkins – Sunday Morning Coffee
Happy Halloween. I love these fall pumpkins but tomorrow my blog is going to look very different. Can you guess why?
Thanks for joining me for Sunday morning coffee. Today I am sharing my weekly thoughts about entertaining, decor, crafts, and recipes, and wrapping up this season with some fall pumpkins. Plus, I can’t wait for you to see my blog tomorrow!
A Little Bit About Me
Halloween is a really big deal in our town. On a typical Halloween, we have around 600 – 800 trick-or-treaters.
I know, isn’t that crazy?
My porch is covered with fall pumpkins and I am about ready to hang some lights out front.
On one of the neighborhood streets nearby, they will get over 1200 trick-or-treaters! I love that families from other neighborhoods feel it is safe to bring their kids to trick or treat in our town. It’s such a wonderful and busy day here!
But here is the thing.
Last year Halloween didn’t happen because of everything that was going on. This year I assume it will be back to normal but I have no idea how much candy to buy! 100 pieces or 600 pieces?
I have no problem buying a lot of candy but would love some ideas as to where I could donate the unopened bags. Does anyone have any ideas just in case I have a lot left over?
Guess What’s Coming!
Things are going to look different on my blog tomorrow.
It’s going to begin to look a lot like Christmas!
I have so many ideas I want to share and I need to start early to be able to share them all.
You probably noticed that my creative mind is on overdrive as I shared four fall crafts on my blog this past week! I just needed to share all of my fall projects before I start sharing Christmas holiday ideas.
I am going to ease into the holidays with a really fun blog series with my favorite blogger KariAnne at Thistlewood Farms. Tomorrow we are starting our annual Twelve Days to Get Ready for Christmas blog share and I am so excited. Each day we will share lots of ideas that will help you get ready for Christmas. And the good news? They don’t require you to start decorating yet. I promise!
Last week I mentioned that I am having Ablation surgery (on my heart) on Tuesday. I am so happy that all of my blog posts for the next week are done. We have been in overdrive this past week to get everything completed so I can relax for a few days. Of course, you can check on my Instagram for updates. I promise to check in with you periodically to let you know how I am feeling. Wish me luck!
Sharing all of My Fall Ideas in One Place
As I turn the page on fall I thought it might be fun to organize everything I have shared about fall, fall pumpkins, and more, so you can easily access all of my ideas. I am sharing my favorite fall posts for decor, crafts, recipes, and more.
Here are links to all of my favorite fall posts.
Fall Decor Ideas
Here are all of my favorite fall decor ideas!
Below are links to my favorite fall decor items. Look for some great prices.
My Favorite Fall Crafts
I thought you might like to see my favorite fall crafts!
Below I have curated some of my favorite crafting items. I can’t believe I made so many fall pumpkins. Check this Idea List for supplies needed for any of the crafts that I have shared.
My Favorite Fall Recipes
Here are some great fall recipes you might want to try!
Click the photos below for some of my favorite kitchen items. If you’re like me, you will be spending a LOT of time in the kitchen for the next two months!
Reflections on the Week of Fall Pumpkins
Last week was so much fun! I know I might have shared too many crafts but sometimes I can’t help myself!
Good Things From Martha
My friend (haha) Martha Stewart shared a great article titled Is It too Early to Decorate for Christmas?
Be sure to find the great read here.
What’s Ahead for the Week
Tomorrow I am starting Twelve Days to Get Ready for Christmas. You will see holiday decor and shopping tips for your home, how to plan your Christmas theme, how to repurpose last year’s decor, how to plan your Christmas table, holiday gift guides, and gift wrapping ideas. How exciting is that?
Catch up on Sunday Morning Coffee
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 41 – How many days until Thanksgiving?
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 40 – Team Wellness
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 39 – Why Do I Love Crafts?
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 38 – Is it Time to Focus on The End of the Year?
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 37 – Classic Antiques or Unique Vintage?
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 37 – Classic Antiques or Unique Vintage?
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 36 – How Well Do You Know Me?
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 35 – Happy Anniversary
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 34 – Happy Labor Day Weekend
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 33 – Fall Flower Arrangements
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 32 – Happy Fall
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 31 – When the Seasons Change
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 30 – Late Summer Dinner on the Beach
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 29 – Repurposed Decor
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 28 – Summer Fun Outdoor Partyy
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 27 – How to Use a Soft Summer Color Palette
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 26 – Endelss Summer Nights
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 25 – Summer Decor Finds
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 24 – Summer Decor Tips
- Sunday morning Coffee Volume 23 – Beach House Renovations
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 22 – Happy Sunday Morning Coffee
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 21 – Easy Home Ideas
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 20 – Thirty Summer Days
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 19 – Summer is Almost Here
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 18 – The Carriage House is Done
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 17 – Sharing Joy and Thankfulness
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 16 – Summer Entertaining
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 15 – Projects at Home
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 14 – How to Get Ready for Summer Days
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 13 – The Best DIY Projects
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 12 – Just Do It Yourself
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 11 – Creative Inspiration
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 10 – Inside the Life of a Blogger
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 9 – Live Your Best Life
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 8 – Living Green
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 7 – Why I Love to Entertain
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 6 – February is All About Living Beautifully
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 5 – Our Beach House in Ventura, CA
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 4 – The Story of My 100 Year Old Home
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 3 – I Think I Might Be Martha’s Biggest Fan
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 2 – A Tribute to My Mom
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 1 – How Chip and Joanna Influenced My Life
Pin the image below to your entertaining boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!
For more real-time updates, follow me on Instagram @My100YearOldHome
Sending massive prayers to you, the woman with such great heart, that your heart become its healthiest ever! I’ll definitely keep an eye on IG for Mary Liz’s updates on how you’re doing.
Thank you so much Diane!
Praying that all goes well with you on Tuesday and that you are heart healthy for many years to come.
I will be praying for you on Tuesday. I know it will go well…my sister and daughter had it done with much success. next door neighbor is having it done in a few weeks. I love your ideas and I have had such fun making the painted plus black stitching on pillows.etc….
Thanks so much!
Good luck Leslie with your surgery. My brother had it done and all is well with him. I pray that you will be fine which I know you will be crafting and cooking in no time. God bless you.
Wishing you good luck on your surgery. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Here’s to a speedy recovery and getting back to all the things you love to do.
Hugs and prayers for a smooth procedure! My husband had the same procedure and he did great. I know you will be relieved when it is behind you but you’ll be surprised just how well it will go and how much better you will be afterwards!
Thanks so much! I really appreciate your support.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery from your procedure. ❤️❤️
I had that surgery and all went well and no A Fib after, Good Luck!
Prayers for a speedy recovery. All who read your blog appreciate your creative ideas and kind heart that are apparent in each post. Take care of you❣️
Thank you so much!
Sending out good vibes and keep us posted on how you are doing!
it is an easy recovery, hubby had it was in and out. feels much better no more high beats.
Greetings from warm Palm Springs. I will send a prayer to the Big Guy for you. And also, should you have leftover candy, here’s what I have done: I made a plain cheesecake and just before pouring the filling into the crust, I mixed in some cut up candy bars. Snickers work well, just cut them into tidbits. Use extra ones to decorate the top just before serving. Take care friend!
Praying for a successful procedure and a well deserved rest. God bless you and your family.
Sending prayers your way!! As far as the candy, we have a place called the Agape house where we can donate food. I’m sure you probably have someplace that takes in food. Can’t wait to see what Christmas things you have to share!
God Bless Leslie, praying your procedure goes excellent and we hear soon all about your Xmas ideas. I just had hip replacement surgery and surprised how well Im doing so early on, modern medicine is still a miracle worker.
Wishing you the best on Tuesday and a speedy recovery. My thoughts will be with you.
Thanks so much Louise!