Today I am not going to talk about fall decor or crafts or recipes. Instead, I am going to talk about the most important thing happening this week … our 35th wedding anniversary!
Thanks for joining me for Sunday morning coffee. Today I am sharing with you the most important thing in my life. And that is our family and our 35th wedding anniversary.
A Little Bit About Me
Thirty-five years ago I married the love of my life. Dave and I were quite a bit younger way back then. We dated for almost five years before we got married, which means this could be our 40th instead of 35th wedding anniversary. Not.
We both had busy careers and knew we wanted to start a family so our first goal in our marriage was to find a nice town and home to raise our family. Fortunately, we settled in South Pasadena and have been there ever since!
This is where I should say “the rest is history”.
But I am still trying to figure out how in the heck we are celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary.
Obviously, I was a child bride.
OK, maybe not.
But the one thing that stands out the most in the last thirty-five years, by a landslide, is our family. I am the luckiest woman in the world because I have a wonderful husband and three amazing sons and the best-ever daughter-in-law.
If you look at the photo below, Andrew and Charlotte are on the front left. Matt and Michael are on the outside. And those two boys are single.
Our oldest son married the love of his life Charlotte, just over two years ago. Charlotte is the best daughter-in-law ever and she has been the most amazing addition to our family. (Matt and Michael are the ones on the outside of the photo. Please refer to my comment above about them.)
I never imagined that I would be the mother of three boys. But I couldn’t even imagine any other way.
For nineteen years Dave and I followed the boys through their amazing sports careers. They all started swimming when they were eight years old and ended up playing multiple sports all year long (which totaled about a gazillion practices every week.) Eventually, they each specialized in one sport, and Andrew swam at Stanford, Matt pitched at Davidson and Michael played Volleyball at UC Irvine. Andrew swam at Olympic Trials three times and Michael played professionally in France and played on the USA National team.
Even with all of their successes in their athletic careers, what makes me most proud is how close our three sons are. When Andrew was married he had two best men, his brothers! Michael and Matt currently work together and live in an awesome home in Austin.
Our boys (and Charlotte) still like hanging out with their parents, which is pretty awesome. I treasure our family gatherings more than anything.
Our boys have been so much fun … for over thirty years!
Some of our earlier family photos and pretty hysterical.
The funniest thing about all of these photos is how much Michael has grown. Andrew was so much taller than both of his brothers. But if you scroll back up to the more recent photos … well … they (and especially Michael) caught up!
That’s probably more than you wanted to know about our family but they really are the best. I am so happy to celebrate thirty-five years with my husband and almost as many years with our kids. If you are wondering how we are going to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary, we already had a very amazing dinner at our favorite restaurant in Ventura, Rum Fish y Vino. We are planning on taking a trip (with the entire family, of course) soon to celebrate but who knows when that will happen. The one thing I can tell you is it is going to be amazing.
In case you came to my blog looking for ways to add fall to your home, check these out. No more family photos, I promise!
I just found a whole bunch of new fall foliage and added it below. Just click on any of the photos below to see many of my favorite faux greens that I bought for our home.
Check out this fall foliage for under $15. Click on the photo to see more.
Here is some fall foliage under $21. Click on the photo to see more.
And look at this fall decor for under $26. Click on the photo to see more.
Fall wreaths are so gorgeous. Below are some of my favorites! Click the photos to check them out, they are all under $45 each, most are under $30!
You might also like the containers for your fall foliage. Click on the photo to see more.
I hope this has inspired you to think about once your happy Labor Day weekend is behind us!
If you are enjoying my blog, you can sign up to receive my blog updates here. .
Reflections on the Week
Last week was a fun and busy week. I spent quite a bit of time at the beach because we were filming a commercial at our house. With the virus, protocol requires us to vacate the home the entire time! I wish I could have shared photos of the filming, but I wasn’t allowed to be here.
I can tell you the house looks exactly how we left it. Which is a really good thing! If you are interested in having filming in your home, check out this blog post I wrote titled How to Rent Your Home for Movies. So many people people who read this post ended up filming movies, TV shows, and commercials at their homes!
It was a busy week writing all of these blog posts. I am especially proud of two new DIY’s I shared this week. The Fall Metal and Leaf Wreath DIY and the Fall Table Setting DIY are two of my favorites for this entire year!
Which was your favorite?
Good Things From Martha – Family Dinner recipes
My friend Martha Stewart (who yes, STILL doesn’t have any idea who I am) shared some great recipes for family dinners.
What’s Ahead for The 35th Wedding Anniversary Week
Next week is going to be a bit crazy but that’s nothing unusual around here! I have lots of fall ideas to share, which include a fall pillow, how to paint pumpkins, my advice about going to the Round Top Antiques Fair, how to organize your craft room, tips on mixing china, and dinner in a very special place!
It’s going to be an exciting week at My 100 Year Old Home. Let’s have a fabulous week!
Catch up on Sunday Morning Coffee
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 34 – Happy Labor Day Weekend
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 33 – Fall Flower Arrangements
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 32 – Happy Fall
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 31 – When the Seasons Change
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 30 – Late Summer Dinner on the Beach
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 29 – Repurposed Decor
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 28 – Summer Fun Outdoor Partyy
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 27 – How to Use a Soft Summer Color Palette
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 26 – Endelss Summer Nights
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 25 – Summer Decor Finds
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 24 – Summer Decor Tips
- Sunday morning Coffee Volume 23 – Beach House Renovations
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 22 – Happy Sunday Morning Coffee
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 21 – Easy Home Ideas
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 20 – Thirty Summer Days
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 19 – Summer is Almost Here
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 18 – The Carriage House is Done
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 17 – Sharing Joy and Thankfulness
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 16 – Summer Entertaining
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 15 – Projects at Home
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 14 – How to Get Ready for Summer Days
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 13 – The Best DIY Projects
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 12 – Just Do It Yourself
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 11 – Creative Inspiration
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 10 – Inside the Life of a Blogger
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 9 – Live Your Best Life
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 8 – Living Green
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 7 – Why I Love to Entertain
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 6 – February is All About Living Beautifully
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 5 – Our Beach House in Ventura, CA
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 4 – The Story of My 100 Year Old Home
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 3 – I Think I Might Be Martha’s Biggest Fan
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 2 – A Tribute to My Mom
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 1 – How Chip and Joanna Influenced My Life
Pin the image below to your home decor boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!