Happy Summer! I have finished decorating my home in a soft summer color palette and I love it so much. I can‘t wait to share my decorating tips with you.
Thanks for joining me for Sunday morning coffee. Today I am sharing my weekly thoughts about entertaining, decor, crafts, and recipes, and ways to decorate your home in a soft summer color palette.
A Little Bit About Me
I can’t believe it is mid-July. I just spent most of the week at the Haven Conference, which is a Home Decor Bloggers and Influencers Conference. I am so inspired by all of the ideas that were shared and the amazingly talented people I met.
We are headed back home today and I love that I left our home freshly decorated in a soft summer color palette. You probably saw the photos from our home on my blog this past week. I just love the soft light wood and aqua colors and summer feel that is all throughout our home.
Do you change the decor in your home throughout the year?
Just so you know, I did;t buy anything to make this seasonal change. I just borrowed some pillows and decor items from our beach house (which is about to begin a large remodel). It always amazes me how much different a room can feel with a change of pillows and a few decor items.
How to Choose a Soft Summer Color Palette
To me, a soft summer color palette is soft and cool. If you google the term “soft summer color palette” you will see a lot of color charts that have wonderful soft and cool colors, ranging from neutrals to pinks to greens, blues, and purple.
Many people define their own personal color palettes in soft summer colors and use these colors to define their personal wardrobe and home.
I chose tan and aqua as my summer color palette because I wanted to bring a feel of the beach to our home. To me, these colors are relaxing, soothing, and exactly how I want our home to feel this summer!
Soft summer colors can be easily added to any home. Of course, it helps to start with a neutral palette. A few years ago I went neutral in almost every room in our home. I just love how it turned out and the bonus is that I can easily add color with accessories. We have neutral slipcovers in every room and in some cases (aka our living room), they are covering some upholstery that is very outdated.
I carried the theme throughout the entire downstairs of our home. Including our kitchen!
I also used some beautiful soft summer color palette colors on our back porch.
My Favorite Soft Summer Color Amazon Finds
Today I thought it might be fun if I share some fun items to help you add a soft summer color palette feel to your home.
If you would like to help me out, you can use my Amazon link or shop any of the items below. (You can also find my Amazon link in my Instagram highlights and in every blog post.) I make a small commission on your purchases but using my link does not cost you a penny! Thank you again for using my link to shop on Amazon.
The Living Room
I am trying to use our living room more often since it’s a great room and so comfortable. A few light tan and aqua soft summer colors have made it even more inviting.
The Dining Room
I love a relaxing feel in our dining room. While we don’t use it as often as I like, it looks so inviting now!
The Family Room
We spend most of our time in our family room and the new arrangement is working out so well!
I love adding decor to our kitchen. It feels so relaxing and soothing and our new lights and barstools are amazing.
My Favorite Summer Decor Target Finds
I love these inexpensive summer color palette home accessories from Target.
Reflections on the Week
Last week was so much fun! I love everything I shared last week, especially our new color palette.
Which was your favorite?
My Favorite Soft Summer Palette Color Inspirations
Throughout the Home
Good Things From Martha – Ombre Shell Wreath
Martha shared this fabulous summer inspired Ombre Shell Wreath. This clamshell cabbage-dyed wreath is so easy to make. I love it!
What’s Ahead for The Week
I am heading home today after attending the Haven Conference in Atlanta. I had the most amazing time and loved every minute of it
Next week I have lots of fun things planned on the blog. I am sharing some fun new lighting options, my favorite vintage quilts, a summer cookie recipe, a wonderful frozen dessert, and the coolest TV and frame ever. Lastly, I am creating an amazing party in our backyard, and yes, the porch posts are coming out of the shd!
I am excited for next week at My 100 Year Old Home. I hope you are too!
Catch up on Sunday Morning Coffee
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 26 – Endelss Summer Nights
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 25 – Summer Decor Finds
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 24 – Summer Decor Tips
- Sunday morning Coffee Volume 23 – Beach House Renovations
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 22 – Happy Sunday Morning Coffee
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 21 – Easy Home Ideas
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 20 – Thirty Summer Days
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 19 – Summer is Almost Here
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 18 – The Carriage House is Done
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 17 – Sharing Joy and Thankfulness
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 16 – Summer Entertaining
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 15 – Projects at Home
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 14 – How to Get Ready for Summer Days
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 13 – The Best DIY Projects
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 12 – Just Do It Yourself
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 11 – Creative Inspiration
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 10 – Inside the Life of a Blogger
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 9 – Live Your Best Life
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 8 – Living Green
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 7 – Why I Love to Entertain
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 6 – February is All About Living Beautifully
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 5 – Our Beach House in Ventura, CA
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 4 – The Story of My 100 Year Old Home
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 3 – I Think I Might Be Martha’s Biggest Fan
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 2 – A Tribute to My Mom
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 1 – How Chip and Joanna Influenced My Life
Pin the image below to your entertaining boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!