Happy Sunday! Summer is here and I am so excited for some summer fun. Today I am sharing my goal for the summer … to host and share a lot of outdoor party ideas! I also shared some fun summer lunch ideas.
Thanks for joining me for Sunday morning coffee. Today I am sharing my weekly thoughts about entertaining, decor, crafts, and recipes, and my plans to share lots of outdoor party ideas.
A Little Bit About Me
Summer is one of my favorite times of the year.
The days are long. The nights are warm.
Everything seems to lighten up in the summer. We shed sweaters and jackets for linen and swimwear. We move through the day with ease, knowing we have more daylight to spend with family and friends. We look forward to vacation and traveling.
Our menus lighten up also. As the temperature climbs, comfort food becomes uncomfortable. Salads, chilled pasta dishes, grilled food all become the staples of summer menus. Tall glasses with ice and thirst-quenching drinks as well as slushy, fruity concoctions fill the blender.
Outdoor Party Ideas
Yesterday was the perfect summer day.
I slept in (which is defined as past 6:00 am) and enjoyed my morning coffee, then arranged some amazing flowers, and set up our backyard for a dinner party.
Our dinner club of twelve, which has been in existence for about thirty years, all met here last night for an amazing dinner. We dined in the middle of our backyard and had so much fun. We are all double vaccinated and couldn’t believe we were all back together again.
I spent all day sharing on my Instagram stories my progress in creating this party. If you missed it, be sure to check it out.
I love to cook and entertain and summer is the perfect backdrop for outdoor entertaining. Last night was so magical and wonderful that I made a promise to share lots more summer outdoor party ideas.
And again. I am going to entertain all summer long.
Hopefully you don’t mind if I take you all along with me.
I love to host a BBQ after a fun day enjoying the pool. One of my favorite outdoor party ideas is to set up a table on the beach. I also enjoy setting up a table in an unexpected area, like the middle of my lawn or the driveway.
So get ready. We are going to have a very fun summer.
Summer Lunch Ideas
I love to serve salad for a summer lunch. Summer salads are light enough when the temperature is high, yet are filled with so many yummy ingredients they are satisfying.
Reflections on the Week
I had a wonderful birthday week. My sweet husband gave me a beautiful copper party tub or, as he called it, a “copper thingie.” We also had a wonderful dinner with friends. I can’t believe another birthday has come and gone.
They are still painting our house, so the scraping and sanding are driving me crazy, but it going to look so great when it is all done. I promise to share a photo of the front of our home when it looks its worst!
During the month of June I am sharing thirty days of summer and this week I shared tips to arrange grocery store flowers, how to paint metal school lockers, how to make my wood table tops, Amazon Father’s Day gift guides, the best homemade 4th of July pillow, and an outdoor party idea in the backyard.
Which was your favorite?
My Favorite Things
In the Living Room and in the Backyard
My friend KariAnne KariAnne shared How to Pick a Paint Color That’s Perfect. How many of you struggle with this?
Courtney at French Country Cottage shared How She Built Her Shed. This is so amazing!
Good Things From Martha – Summer Colors
What’s Ahead for The Week
Did you know that I have my blog planned out weeks in advance? It’s true!
Next week I am sharing more wonderful summer days … more about the dinner club from last night, the recipes from our dinner club party, another Fourth of July decor idea, a strawberry dessert, and some refreshing summer drinks. I also have a few more outdoor party ideas I will be planning and sharing later.
I am excited for next week at My 100 Year Old Home.
Catch up on Sunday Morning Coffee
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 21 – Easy Home Ideas
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 20 – Thirty Summer Days
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 19 – Summer is Almost Here
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 18 – The Carriage House is Done
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 17 – Sharing Joy and Thankfulness
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 16 – Summer Entertaining
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 15 – Projects at Home
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 14 – How to Get Ready for Summer Days
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 13 – The Best DIY Projects
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 12 – Just Do It Yourself
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 11 – Creative Inspiration
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 10 – Inside the Life of a Blogger
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 9 – Live Your Best Life
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 8 – Living Green
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 7 – Why I Love to Entertain
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 6 – February is All About Living Beautifully
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 5 – Our Beach House in Ventura, CA
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 4 – The Story of My 100 Year Old Home
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 3 – I Think I Might Be Martha’s Biggest Fan
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 2 – A Tribute to My Mom
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 1 – How Chip and Joanna Influenced My Life
My Favorite Father’s Day Ideas
Father’s Day is Coming Up and I put together some fun gift guides.
Did you know every time you click on one of my links and order, I earn a small commission? It doesn’t cost you a thing but it helps me so much! Thank You!
Pin the image below to your decor boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!