Happy Summer! I am enjoying the endless summer nights in a way like never before. Dining on the back porch or by the pool has become a regular occurrence at our home. And I am loving it.
Thanks for joining me for Sunday morning coffee. Today I am sharing my weekly thoughts about entertaining, decor, crafts, and recipes, and ways to enjoy endless summer nights.
A Little Bit About Me
If you are looking for me this summer, you might want to check in our backyard. Apparently, I have decided that I am going to entertain outdoors almost every night this summer.
One of the advantages of living in Southern California is that the endless summer nights are incredible. We don’t have a lot of bugs and the evenings cool down. I love that it doesn’t get dark until 8:30 and our new outdoor lighting from AQ Lighting is just incredible. (We installed it ourselves, by the way!)
Endless Summer Nights Entertaining Tips
To me, the most important thing about entertaining is that it is inexpensive and simple to do. I never order flowers from a florist, as I arrange my own (often using grocery store flowers.) I always try to use items I already own and I always shop flea markets for things I can use to entertain.
My goal for every party is to create an awesome setting that makes every guest feel special.
One of the most interesting things about a party is the location. In fact, if you find an amazing location, you don’t need any decor. Just flowers and a fun table setting.
In case you are thinking that you don’t have any new places to entertain, walk around your yard and look for new areas to set a table.
I wouldn’t be surprised if you found two or three places that you had never considered before.
I created this dining space last summer and I am about ready to host a dinner here again!
I love setting outdoor tables because they are so easy to do. With all of the beauty around you, just grab some flowers and a few non-traditional items for your table. Don’t grab a vase for your flowers, look for an unusual container, pitcher or jar instead. I used vintage jars for my flowers on this table.
When I set this table I grabbed some fun vintage items for my table. I found my aqua seltzer bottles, a vintage battery jar for my flowers, and some old jars with my sea glass collections.
These non-traditional vintage items added so much to this table. Just think outside of the box!
My Favorite Summer Table Amazon Finds
Today I thought it might be fun if I share some fun items to help you create endless summer nights in your backyard!
If you would like to help me out, you can use my Amazon link or shop any of the items below. (You can also find my Amazon link in my Instagram highlights and in every blog post.) I make a small commission on your purchases but using my link does not cost you a penny! Thank you again for using my link to shop on Amazon.
Outdoor Dining Furniture
We have three different areas in our backyard for outdoor dining. It’s taken many years for me to get it right, but I love that we can dine on our patio, poolside, or under the large tree in our yard. Having more than one area to dine in your backyard is just so much fun.
Outdoor Dining Accessories
I love having lots of dining accessories to use when we are entertaining family and friends. I love lanterns and vases and candlesticks can add so much to your table too.
Outdoor Tableware Items
I love having melamine plates and plastic glasses for outdoor dining. But don’t hesitate to bring out your china and silver too! Occasionally I have been known to even mix the two. I know you aren’t surprised!
My Favorite Summer Dining Target Finds
I love these items for outdoor dining. Did I mention the plastic glasses are $2 each?
My Favorite Summer Entertaining Pottery Barn Finds
I am obsessed with the Marrakesh Melamine dinnerware. It is incredible!
Reflections on the Week
Last week was so much fun! I love everything I shared last week!
Which was your favorite?
My Favorite Beverage Recipes for Summer Entertaining
In the Backyard
I made these Refreshing Cocktails in Summer Colors. They are just so delicious!
Good Things From Martha – Five Creative Ways to Keep Your Guests Cool at a Summer Party
Martha shared this article about ways to keep your guests cool at a summer party. I think this might be helpful to many of you!
What’s Ahead for The Week
I am heading to Atlanta next week to attend the Haven Conference. I am really excited to see so many friends, new vases, and all of the brands participating in the Conference.
Because I will be gone, I am rushing to get all of my blog posts done in advance. I will be sharing my summer home tour and you will see the newly styled living room, kitchen, and dining room. I am also sharing a backyard BBQ, some fun lighting ideas, and some Amazon Must Haves.
I am presenting at the Haven conference twice and my topic is Instagram! I am sure you aren’t surprised and I cannot wait. I am very excited about my presentation. It is a lot of new information and it is very interactive. If you are attending Haven, then please join me!
I am excited for next week at My 100 Year Old Home. I hope you are too!
Catch up on Sunday Morning Coffee
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 25 – Summer Decor Finds
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 24 – Summer Decor Tips
- Sunday morning Coffee Volume 23 – Beach House Renovations
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 22 – Happy Sunday Morning Coffee
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 21 – Easy Home Ideas
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 20 – Thirty Summer Days
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 19 – Summer is Almost Here
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 18 – The Carriage House is Done
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 17 – Sharing Joy and Thankfulness
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 16 – Summer Entertaining
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 15 – Projects at Home
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 14 – How to Get Ready for Summer Days
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 13 – The Best DIY Projects
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 12 – Just Do It Yourself
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 11 – Creative Inspiration
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 10 – Inside the Life of a Blogger
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 9 – Live Your Best Life
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 8 – Living Green
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 7 – Why I Love to Entertain
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 6 – February is All About Living Beautifully
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 5 – Our Beach House in Ventura, CA
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 4 – The Story of My 100 Year Old Home
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 3 – I Think I Might Be Martha’s Biggest Fan
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 2 – A Tribute to My Mom
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 1 – How Chip and Joanna Influenced My Life
Pin the image below to your entertaining boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!