I thought it might be fun to share five things you don’t know about me. Because I have been wondering, how well do you know me?
Thanks for joining me for Sunday morning coffee. Today I am sharing five things that you likely don’t know about me. I have had a lot of experiences that I can’t wait to share. Most are good, I think!
A Little Bit About Me
Five things you don’t know about me. So what does that mean? It means when you get to the bottom of this blog you are likely to know even more! Seriously though, I share a lot about what I love to do … decor, entertaining, recipes, crafts, and more. But I am often told I hardly share anything about myself. So here it goes.
Five Things You Don’t Know About Me
#1 I have survived two emergency landings on American Airlines.
Yes, it’s true. The first time this happened I was heading with a group to London and we blew seven tires when we took off. We ended up making a full emergency landing where they collected all of our shoes (for the inflatable ramps), made us put our heads between our legs on the final approach, and we landed perfectly with foam and a gazillion firetrucks and ambulances on the runway.
The second landing was he we were flying from Bermuda to JFK. Apparently, the landing gear wouldn’t lock so they tried to do a bounce landing (which means you literally try to tap landing gear on the runway so it will lock) to lock the gear in place. That was not fun but at least it fixed the problem
#2 – I was almost kindapped while in the Caribbean.
Kidnapped while traveling? It’s true. Well almost …
To make a really long story a bit shorter, I ended up in St. Lucia with no cash and at the wrong airport. So I sold a bunch of stuff out of my suitcase to a cab driver to get a ride to the OTHER airport which was two hours away. Yes, this was pre-ATM’s. The cab driver picked up a friend along the way and a fight ensued … over me. The cab driver screamed at me to run! And a quick flash crossed my eyes to the movie Romancing the Stone where they are in the jungle and being chased and sliding through the mud … and, well, that’s exactly how it felt. Somehow I made it to the other airport (sorry, it’s way too long of a story!) and I am sure I scared the poor airport worker when I checked in. I broke into hysterical tears and tried to explain what had happened
#3 – I have gone to thirteen schools.
I was an airforce brat for a very long time and we moved every two years like clockwork. It’s hard being the new kid in class but I think my siblings and I all made the best of it.
#4 – I was a professional artist for 7 years.
Before I started My 100 Year Old Home, my profession included a lot of oil paint and paint strokes. It was such a magical time and I miss it. I traveled all over the US, scheduling and coordinating art workshops, which I loved to teach. My favorite style is to paint abstracts (like this painting of mine here!). When the opportunity to create this blog came up I moved on to become a blogger. Some day I will start painting again!
#5 – Can you guess what I wanted to be when I grew up?
When I was younger I wanted to be an actress. But that never happened. It was a unanimous parental decision in college that my next path would be law school but I finally found the courage to tell my dad I didn’t want to go to law school. It killed my dad and he eventually forgave me for it. I, of course, wanted absolutely nothing to do with law school. I just couldn’t imagine how a lawyer could fit in lots of creative projects and DIY’s. Right?
In case you came to my blog looking for ways to add fall to your home, check these out. No more family photos, I promise!
I just found a whole bunch of new fall foliage and added it below. Just click on any of the photos below to see many of my favorite faux greens that I bought for our home.
Check out this fall foliage for under $15. Click on the photo to see more.
Here is some fall foliage under $21. Click on the photo to see more.
And look at this fall decor for under $26. Click on the photo to see more.
Fall wreaths are so gorgeous. Below are some of my favorites! Click the photos to check them out, they are all under $45 each, most are under $30!
You might also like the containers for your fall foliage. Click on the photo to see more.
If you are enjoying my blog, you can sign up to receive my blog updates here. .
Reflections on the Week
Last week was a fun and busy week. I went back and forth to the beach a few times, which is crazy, but it still was fun. I love the pillows and copper pumpkins. The wine dinner was really fun (and a break from all of my usual weekly night working!)
Which was your favorite?
Good Things From Martha – The Habits of Highly Productive People
My friend Martha Stewart (who yes, STILL doesn’t have any idea who I am) shared a master list to improve your time management skills.
What’s Ahead for This Week
I am still working on my schedule and I will let you know!
It’s going to be an exciting week at My 100 Year Old Home. Let’s have a fabulous week!
Catch up on Sunday Morning Coffee
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 35 – Happy Anniversary
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 34 – Happy Labor Day Weekend
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 33 – Fall Flower Arrangements
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 32 – Happy Fall
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 31 – When the Seasons Change
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 30 – Late Summer Dinner on the Beach
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 29 – Repurposed Decor
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 28 – Summer Fun Outdoor Partyy
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 27 – How to Use a Soft Summer Color Palette
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 26 – Endelss Summer Nights
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 25 – Summer Decor Finds
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 24 – Summer Decor Tips
- Sunday morning Coffee Volume 23 – Beach House Renovations
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 22 – Happy Sunday Morning Coffee
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 21 – Easy Home Ideas
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 20 – Thirty Summer Days
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 19 – Summer is Almost Here
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 18 – The Carriage House is Done
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 17 – Sharing Joy and Thankfulness
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 16 – Summer Entertaining
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 15 – Projects at Home
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 14 – How to Get Ready for Summer Days
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 13 – The Best DIY Projects
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 12 – Just Do It Yourself
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 11 – Creative Inspiration
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 10 – Inside the Life of a Blogger
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 9 – Live Your Best Life
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 8 – Living Green
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 7 – Why I Love to Entertain
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 6 – February is All About Living Beautifully
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 5 – Our Beach House in Ventura, CA
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 4 – The Story of My 100 Year Old Home
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 3 – I Think I Might Be Martha’s Biggest Fan
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 2 – A Tribute to My Mom
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 1 – How Chip and Joanna Influenced My Life
Pin the image below to your home decor boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!