One of my favorite things is repurposed vintage items. This week, I am excited to share how I repurposed vintage and new decor items for use as flower vases.
Thanks for joining me for Sunday morning coffee. Today I am sharing my weekly thoughts about entertaining, decor, crafts, and recipes, and how I love to repurpose vintage and new decor items.
A Little Bit About Me
Repurposed Vintage Ice Cream Makers
I am kind of a rule breaker. I am much more of a trailblazer than a follower so I often like to do what I like to do. I don’t usually worry about obeying what I call “old rules”. So yes, I use my silver every day and I put it in the dishwasher.
And I love to use items for a purpose other than what they were originally intended.
One of my favorite things to do is use what I call “repurposed vintage decor items”. When I shop vintage flea markets, antique stores, or my attic, I always keep an eye out for items that can be used for something other than their intended purpose.
As an example, I was lucky enough to find two vintage wooden ice cream makers at a flea market and a vintage sale. I found a green one years ago and just recently found a white one. Neither of them had the ice cream-making mechanics which was fine with me because I was not planning on using them to make any ice cream!
I love to use my vintage ice cream makers as flower vases.
Don’t you think it looks great filled with flowers?
Here’s the green vintage ice cream maker repurpose with faux flowers in our kitchen.
Repurposed Vintage Baskets
I love this vintage basket and I am quite sure it was not intended to be used as a vase. I placed four glass pots inside the basket and filled them with fresh flowers. Doesn’t this look wonderful?
It’s now sitting i our family room.
Repurposed New Decor
I also like to repurpose new decor and this copper beverage bin looks great filled with flowers instead of drinks. I have used this so many times and I have only had it for about a month. this copper bucket was a birthday present from my husband. (And yes, I did suggest this gift idea to my husband!)
What else have I repurposed?
The photo on the left shows how I used calf-feeding buckets for vases. On the right, the tall metal “vases” are actually cheese molds.
Next time you are arranging flowers, don’t just reach for a vase. Instead, search your home for a vintage or new piece that can be repurposed. I promise you will like it.
Additional Repurposed Items That You Might Need
Here are my favorite glasses from Anthropologie. I repurpose these all the time as vintage glassware!
Reflections on the Week
Last week was so much fun! I love everything I shared last week, and I hope you did too!
Which was your favorite?
How to Repurpose Your Own Inspirations
My friend Martha Stewart wrote an article titled How to Repurpose Old Furniture and Home Décor in Clever Ways.
Good Things From Martha – Five Creative Ways to Keep Guests Cool at a Summer Party
Martha shared these Five Creative Ways to Repurpose an Old Picture Frame. These are very clever!
What’s Ahead for The Week
Things never seem to slow down around here but we are working on it. I am at the beach this week and I am looking forward to a slower pace.
Next week I have lots of fun things planned on the blog. First, I am sharing a fun new summer pie. Next, I will try to explain why I am obsessed with sea glass and I am going to make a fun summer sea glass dessert. I am also sharing my favorite appetizer recipe. Finally, I am sharing how to arrange flowers in ball jars and a very fun new dinner on the beach.
I am excited for next week at My 100 Year Old Home. I hope you are too!
Catch up on Sunday Morning Coffee
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 28 – Summer Fun Outdoor Partyy
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 27 – How to Use a Soft Summer Color Palette
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 26 – Endelss Summer Nights
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 25 – Summer Decor Finds
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 24 – Summer Decor Tips
- Sunday morning Coffee Volume 23 – Beach House Renovations
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 22 – Happy Sunday Morning Coffee
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 21 – Easy Home Ideas
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 20 – Thirty Summer Days
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 19 – Summer is Almost Here
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 18 – The Carriage House is Done
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 17 – Sharing Joy and Thankfulness
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 16 – Summer Entertaining
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 15 – Projects at Home
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 14 – How to Get Ready for Summer Days
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 13 – The Best DIY Projects
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 12 – Just Do It Yourself
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 11 – Creative Inspiration
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 10 – Inside the Life of a Blogger
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 9 – Live Your Best Life
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 8 – Living Green
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 7 – Why I Love to Entertain
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 6 – February is All About Living Beautifully
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 5 – Our Beach House in Ventura, CA
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 4 – The Story of My 100 Year Old Home
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 3 – I Think I Might Be Martha’s Biggest Fan
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 2 – A Tribute to My Mom
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 1 – How Chip and Joanna Influenced My Life
Pin the image below to your entertaining boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!