Can you guess how many days until Thanksgiving? Can you believe it’s only 32? Yikes! Have you made your holiday plans?
All of our holiday plans will be centered around our grandson of course! We will be up north for Halloween and they will be visiting us for Thanksgiving and Christmas! And our annual holiday party (you know, the one where I cook for 200+ guests!) will be December 23rd. Thank you for joining me for Sunday Morning Coffee. This is a place to share, learn, explain, dream, and have fun.
Season 3 Volume 42
Guess where we have been this week?
In Northern California visiting our grandson Graham.
I was honored to be able to provide some babysitting help as my husband Dave, son Michael, and I teamed up and watched Graham for the weekend. My son Andrew and his wife Charlotte attended his 10-year college reunion in Palo Alto (which is only about 90 minutes away.)
I guess it’s good to know it took three of us to replace Graham’s mom and dad for the weekend. Hehe.
Plus, I am coming back in a week and a half to celebrate Halloween. Apparently, Andrew and Charlotte moved to a very popular trick-or-treating neighborhood. One of their neighbors told them to expect to give away about 2,000 pieces of candy.
That is crazy!
My Latest Project
Christmas crafting week starts next week!
On Monday my friend Janine (from Happy Happy Nester) and I are spending the week at our beach house crafting for the holidays.
I am so excited. We each have planned five holiday DIY projects and hope to complete them all by Friday!
I know we will be busy but the idea of crafting for five days in a row makes my heart sing!
So what do I have planned?
I won’t be sharing any completed craft photos until closer to the holidays but I have a gingerbread project, a holiday pillow, some beautifully decorated glass ornaments, wire trees, and a gorgeous paper flower wreath.
Be sure and follow me on my Instagram stories next week because I will be sharing some fun progress photos. And, next Sunday I will share a write-up about our craft week on my Sunday Morning Coffee blog post! With a few sneak peeks.
On this blog, I may sometimes use affiliate links, which means a small commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. The price will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link.
If you are enjoying my blog, you can sign up to receive my blog updates here. .
My Biggest Challenge This Week
One of the problems with being a content creator is the accumulation of “stuff” over the years.
I don’t mean to complain but once again I am feeling as if our home is too full of stuff. The closets are packed and we are out of storage space.
For months I have been “thinning out” our home and I still have a lot of work ahead. Many of the items are unused and so many of them I love. But I don’t use them anymore and just need to get rid of them.
The thinning-out process drives me crazy because there is a lot of stuff that needs a home after I empty out closets and storage items.
For the first time ever, I am going to hold a sale of all of this extra stuff and I am looking at the date Saturday, November 18th. It is still tentative but I am committed to making this happen!
Mark your calendars and I will confirm the sale next week.
- Continue to manage my editorial calendar and stay one week ahead of blog post due dates.
- Get back on the bike and explore more bike trails in Ventura.
- Finish at least five holiday craft projects this week.
Check out the Halloween Table Janine from Happy Happy Nester created!
Check out this post titled 10 Tips for Styling Your Home Like a Luxury Hotel.
What do you think about This 3D Floral Art DIY Looks So Much More Expensive Than It Is?
19 Fall Dinner Ideas To Make All Season Long includes some great recipes.
Do you love orange as much as me? Check out What Colors Go With Orange? Try These 10 Combinations.
It was all fall on the blog last week. I shared two DIYs to make faux and live floral arrangements and some stunning copper pumpkins. I also share lots of recipes for fall soups including a Sausage Tortellini soup, a gorgeous Purple Sweet Potato Pie, and a Gluten-Free Sourdough starter. Finally, I added some wonderful table-setting tips for fall.
Martha shared 27 Fall Dinner Recipes To Add To Your Rotation. I am always looking for new dinner recipes and the Chicken Pot Pie and Gnocci look amazing.
I have so many fun things to share this week. A fun metal wreath and some napkin-covered pumpkins, a gorgeous fall table, and the most amazing recipe for a Gingersnap Pumpkin and Caramel Trifle. Plus I have two wonderful pumpkin bread recipes and my favorite idea for free glass water bottles for entertaining.
Shop This Post Here
Just click the photo.
- Holiday Crafts – S3/V41
- Amazon Prime Big Deal Days – S3/V40
- Amazon Creator Summit – S3/V39
- Eat, Drink, Relax – S3/V38
- Happy Weekend – S3/V37
- A Healthy Lifestyle – S3/V36
- A New Trek Electric Bike – S3/V35
- The Fall Color Palette – S3/V34
- My New Craft Room – S3/V33
- Fall is Here – S3/V32
- Thinking About Fall Decor – S3/V31
- A Backroads Bike Trip – S3/V30
- Summer Dinner on the Beach – S3/V29
- Why Do I Love Crafts? – S3/V28
- Our California Beach House – S3/V27
- Enjoying the Ventura Beach House – S3/V26
- Summer Decor Finds and Sunday Morning Coffee – S3/V25
- Looking Back at Provence and Sunday Morning Coffee – S3/V24
- Summer Birthday Week – S3/V23
- Welcome Summer – S3/V22
- Finishing the Exterior of the Beach House – S3/V21
- Happy Mother’s Day – S3/V20
- I Love New York – S3/V19
- A Spring Garden – S3/V18
- Happy National Picnic Day – S3/V17
- Welcome Graham – S3/V16
- Happy Easter – S3/V15
- Shopping Tips – S3/V14
- Happy Spring – S3/V13
- Girls Weekend Getaways – S3/V12
- Exciting News This Week – S3/V11
- Ventura Beach Favorites – S3/V10
- A Happy Family at the Beach House – S3/V9
- A Beach House Tour Deadline – S3/V8
- The Ventura Beach House – S3/V7
- A Busy Week at the Ventura Beach House – S3/V6
- Beach House Move-In Tomorrow – S3/V5
- Martha, “You are Wrong About My White Farmhouse Kitchen!” – S3/V4
- Valentines Day Decor – S3/V3
- Five Things to Organize Now – S3/V2
- Happy New Year 2023 – S3/V1
You Might Also Need…
Watch My Amazon Live
Pin the image below to your decor boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!