I wanted to take a moment to wish you all a heartfelt Happy Easter. We hope this holiday brings you joy, peace, and the opportunity to celebrate with your loved ones.
Thanks for joining me for Sunday Morning Coffee. This is a place to share, learn, explain, dream, and have fun. Let’s get started!
Season 3 Volume 15
We know that this year has been challenging for some of you, and we hope that this holiday brings a sense of renewal and hope to your hearts. May you find joy in the little things, spend time with those you love, and take a moment to reflect on the blessings in your life.
We are grateful to have you as part of our community and wish you a beautiful and meaningful Easter filled with love and peace.
A few weeks ago one of you commented on this blog and mentioned that my love of crafting inspired you. That made my day!
I love to craft and anytime I can inspire you to try it yourself, then I know it’s worth the effort, the duds, and the successes.
And yes, there are quite a few duds. But you rarely get to see those!
A few of you also commented that I have been sharing a lot of crafts these past few weeks.
Why is that?
Because I love to craft. Especially Spring crafts.
Crafting has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I have been crafting for fifty years now, and I have no intention of stopping any time soon. Crafting brings me a sense of joy and satisfaction that I can’t find anywhere else.
First and foremost, crafting allows me to express my creativity. I love taking raw materials and transforming them into something beautiful and unique. Whether it’s painting and stitching pillows, wrapping copper foil on an egg, or decoupaging a pot with paper napkins, I find joy in the creative process. Crafting allows me to explore my artistic side and experiment with different techniques and materials.
I love the feeling of starting with nothing and ending up with a beautiful piece of art that I can be proud of.
Crafting also provides me with a sense of accomplishment. There’s nothing quite like the feeling of finishing a project you’ve been working on for a long time. Whether it’s needlepoint that took months to complete or paper flowers that required hours of careful creation, the sense of pride that comes with finishing a craft project is unparalleled. Crafting allows me to set goals and work towards them, and the feeling of accomplishment when I achieve those goals is incredibly rewarding.
Finally, crafting provides me with a sense of calm and relaxation. Crafting allows me to escape from the stresses of everyday life and focus on something that brings me joy. Whether I’m gluing, sewing, or painting, crafting provides me with a meditative space where I can relax and unwind. Crafting has helped me through some difficult times in my life, and I know that I can always turn to my crafting hobbies for comfort and solace.
My Latest Project
I love that the beach house is almost done. But as we spend more time at the house and friends visit, I am spending a lot of time adding things to our home to make it more guest friendly.
My latest project has been a constant effort to make our beach home more the place where you don’t need a thing. And if you forgot something, you can likely be accommodated.
Plus I have made a few gifts for our guests to take home too.
What kind of things am I referring to?
Hosting overnight guests can be a fun and rewarding experience, but it’s important to make sure they feel comfortable during their stay. Here are some essential items that every home should have to make their overnight guests comfortable:
- Comfortable bedding: Make sure your guests have comfortable bedding to sleep on. Fresh linens and pillows, and a quality mattress, will ensure they get a good night’s sleep.
- Towels and toiletries: Provide your guests with towels, washcloths, and basic toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, soap, cotton swabs, hair dryer, sunscreen, and lotion. They may forget to pack some essentials, and having them available can save them an inconvenient trip to the store.
- Adequate lighting: Make sure your guests can easily navigate your home at night by providing adequate lighting in the guest room and any common areas they may use.
- Extra blankets and pillows: Some guests may prefer a warmer or cooler sleeping environment than you do, so provide extra blankets and pillows so they can adjust the temperature to their liking. I also like having blankets available in the living area. I just ordered ones for the deck because it’s still cold up there!
- Wi-Fi and entertainment: Guests may want to stay connected, so make sure you have the Wi-Fi connection information available. In our home, each bed has its own Tessan power strip nearby and iPhone cords (with a label that says “beach house”). Entertainment options such as books, board games, or a TV with a streaming service are great too.
- Luggage racks: Provide your guests with a luggage rack or a designated area to place their suitcases. I like to use benches at the end of the bed for this also. This makes it easier for them to access their belongings and keeps the room tidy and I need to add them to a few bedrooms!
- Window coverings: Make sure your guest room has window coverings such as curtains or blinds. This provides privacy and allows your guests to control the amount of natural light that enters the room.
- Snacks and drinks: Provide your guests with snacks and beverages they can enjoy during their stay. This includes bottled water, coffee, tea, and non-perishable snacks such as granola bars or crackers. Also, be sure you are aware of your guest’s dietary needs so you can accommodate them with coffee creamer and meals as needed.
By providing these essential items, your guests will feel comfortable and taken care of during their stay. It’s a small investment that can make a big difference in their overall experience.
On this blog, I may sometimes use affiliate links, which means a small commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. The price will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link.
If you are enjoying my blog, you can sign up to receive my blog updates here. .
My Biggest Challenge This Week
Things are getting really busy at My 100 Year Old Home and I am trying really hard to stay disciplined and not fall back into my old habits of working until midnight.
It’s so hard to juggle everything and I am trying! But it is always one of my biggest challenges.
I don’t agree with all of the items listed in this article, “6 Outdated Bathroom Trends”. Do You?
@OldSilverShed is one of my all time favorite accounts to follow. Her home looks like it is straight our of a Nancy Meyers film!
It’s going to be a busy week and we have lots of fun things on the blog this week. I will be sharing a new summer salad, our new blinds at the beach house, my favorite weekend recipes, and a fun lemon-themed DIY and lemon decor dinner party. Finally, I have a fun post about how I mixed in all of my newly purchased vintage decor from Round Top with the newer and more modern decor in the beach house.
- Shopping Tips – S3/V14
- Happy Spring – S3/V13
- Girls Weekend Getaways – S3/V12
- Exciting News This Week – S3/V11
- Ventura Beach Favorites – S3/V10
- A Happy Family at the Beach House – S3/V9
- A Beach House Tour Deadline – S3/V8
- The Ventura Beach House – S3/V7
- A Busy Week at the Ventura Beach House – S3/V6
- Beach House Move-In Tomorrow – S3/V5
- Martha, “You are Wrong About My White Farmhouse Kitchen!” – S3/V4
- Valentines Day Decor – S3/V3
- Five Things to Organize Now – S3/V2
- Happy New Year 2023 – S3/V1
Watch My Amazon Live
Pin the image below to your decor boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!