Fall is here and you know what is looming around the corner. (The holidays! Yikes!) But for now, let’s remind ourselves to eat, drink, relax.
As the leaves change colors and the weather cools, the cozy season of autumn encourages us to slow down and enjoy the present moment. It’s a chance to relish the flavors, aromas, and moments of tranquility before the busyness of the holiday season takes over.
Season 3 Volume 38
Thanks for joining me for Sunday Morning Coffee. This is a place to share, learn, explain, dream, and have fun. Let’s get started!
With the arrival of fall, it feels like the next few weeks are our last opportunity to savor the simple pleasures of eating, drinking, and relaxing before the whirlwind of holiday festivities begins.
Which means it’s time to eat, drink, relax.
Whether it’s sipping on a warm cup of cider, indulging in comfort foods, or simply taking a moment to unwind by the fire, fall offers a precious window of time to appreciate the beauty of the changing seasons and the joy of the here and now.
So what am I doing?
I am reading a ton. Nothing in particular but at least an hour a day. I started reading my Kindle every night before bed. It helps me relax and I love it.
And I am bike riding at least four times a week when I am in Ventura.
And just as important, I am trying to sleep at least seven hours a day.
And you know what?
I feel better than I have been in a long time!
Of course, I have the most adorable grandson, my two youngest sons have moved back to California, and Michael and Ellie are engaged. That might have something to do with it too!
My Latest Project
Believe it or not, I am throwing myself into holiday planning.
That said, it’s actually not that easy as I am still in the middle of a lot of fall projects.
I have five fall projects in my craft room that are started but far from done.
For my holiday projects, I am trying to modify the materials lists so I can use more of the craft supplies I already own.
And it’s going well. This year you are going to see some beautiful gingerbread houses, but they are not what you expect. There will be lots of trees, and a few driftwood projects I made from my collecting on the beach at our house.
I am also going to decorate the beach house in a fun and beautiful color palette. In a simple yet modern coastal vintage way.
Tomorrow I will be combing the beach for 40 pieces of driftwood to make a really cool Christmas tree! I will be sharing it in November sometime.
On this blog, I may sometimes use affiliate links, which means a small commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. The price will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link.
If you are enjoying my blog, you can sign up to receive my blog updates here. .
My Biggest Challenge This Week
Do you know what’s going to be here in a few weeks?
Is the Amazon Prime Big Deal Day.
It is two days of amazing deals that will help you start your Christmas shopping early. It’s similar to Prime Day and it’s all about amazing deals!
If you have followed me on Prime Day before then you know we share a lot of deals for three solid days. My team is already starting to get ready and we are making lists of Prime Big Day Deals we think you might like.
You could really help me if you let me know in the comments below what you might be looking for. If it’s in the Prime Big Deal Day sale, I will find it for you.
In the meantime, here are some of the Early Prime Big Day Deals below. The tree is 48% off!
- Finish all of next week’s blog post by the end of today as I will be out of town most of next week.
- Travel via train from Ventura to San Diego (Monday – Thursday) for the Amazon Conference! I am so excited and I promise to share everything on my Instagram. I cannot wait as we will be at the Hotel del Coronado and the agenda sounds really informative and fun!
- Order supplies needed (it isn’t much) for Christmas crafts
- Collect driftwood!
You might like The Fall Resolution You Should Make, Based on Your Zodiac Sign. Apparently, I need to do more reading.
I enjoyed this funny post titled “I Asked ChatGPT for Tips on Creating the Perfect Guest Bedroom“.
This Mushroom Cookies Recipe looks amazing. I love sugar cookies with a great flavor!
This Chicken Pot Pie Recipe (With Video!) looks really delish. I think you will like it.
You might like to read I Tried a Handful of Free AI Interior Design Tools — These Are the 6 I’d Recommend.
Another week is behind us! I split my time between Ventura and South Pasadena and managed to get a lot done! This week I shared lots of fall decor, the mystery about the Beach House tomatoes, my favorite copper wreath, a fall salad, my favorite protein bowl recipes, and a beautiful copper pumpkin DIY.
Martha shared Martha’s 10 Best Tips for Healthy Aging. We all need to read this.
This week I will be sharing fall breakfasts, how to organize your pantry for fall, Farmhouse fall decor, my book A Home to Share, a new Halloween wreath, and a fruit tart recipe.
- Happy Weekend – S3/V37
- A Healthy Lifestyle – S3/V36
- A New Trek Electric Bike – S3/V35
- The Fall Color Palette – S3/V34
- My New Craft Room – S3/V33
- Fall is Here – S3/V32
- Thinking About Fall Decor – S3/V31
- A Backroads Bike Trip – S3/V30
- Summer Dinner on the Beach – S3/V29
- Why Do I Love Crafts? – S3/V28
- Our California Beach House – S3/V27
- Enjoying the Ventura Beach House – S3/V26
- Summer Decor Finds and Sunday Morning Coffee – S3/V25
- Looking Back at Provence and Sunday Morning Coffee – S3/V24
- Summer Birthday Week – S3/V23
- Welcome Summer – S3/V22
- Finishing the Exterior of the Beach House – S3/V21
- Happy Mother’s Day – S3/V20
- I Love New York – S3/V19
- A Spring Garden – S3/V18
- Happy National Picnic Day – S3/V17
- Welcome Graham – S3/V16
- Happy Easter – S3/V15
- Shopping Tips – S3/V14
- Happy Spring – S3/V13
- Girls Weekend Getaways – S3/V12
- Exciting News This Week – S3/V11
- Ventura Beach Favorites – S3/V10
- A Happy Family at the Beach House – S3/V9
- A Beach House Tour Deadline – S3/V8
- The Ventura Beach House – S3/V7
- A Busy Week at the Ventura Beach House – S3/V6
- Beach House Move-In Tomorrow – S3/V5
- Martha, “You are Wrong About My White Farmhouse Kitchen!” – S3/V4
- Valentines Day Decor – S3/V3
- Five Things to Organize Now – S3/V2
- Happy New Year 2023 – S3/V1
You Might Also Need…
Watch My Amazon Live
Pin the image below to your decor boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!