It’s the holiday season and it will be Christmas soon! I have been working hard to create lots of ideas and I have so much to share!
Thanks for joining me for Sunday morning coffee. Today I am sharing my weekly thoughts about entertaining, decor, crafts, and recipes, and the holiday season. Grab a cup and let’s have some fun.
A Little Bit About Me
It’s been one of those weeks. I have so much to update you on so here it goes!
For the past two years I have teamed up with the amazing Karianne and we have shared Twelve Days of Getting Ready for Christmas. We came up with this idea as we know we need to share holiday content but it always feels so early starting on November 1st!
This year we did it again and it was wonderful!
We love the idea of helping you get ready for Christmas and I really want to say thank you! So many of you went to my blog and shopped many of the gift guides. You have no idea how much that helps to support me.
In case you missed any of our blog posts, here is the total list!
- Day 1 – How to Shop for Holiday and Seasonal Decor
- Day 2 – Cranberry Christmas Theme
- Day 3 – Eleven Ways to Repurpose Least Year’s Christmas Decor
- Day 4 – Christmas Dishes and Table Decor Ideas
- Day 5 – Holiday Gift Guides for Everyone You Know
- Day 6 – Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Day 7 – Tis the Season of Giving Christmas Gifts Under $25
- Day 8 – 9 Gifts Handmade With Love
- Day 9 – Make Ahead Christmas Sweets for the Dessert Table
- Day 10 – Stocking Stuffers for Christmas Morning
- Day 11 – Decoratig a Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Day 12 – Christmas Eve Traditions
You can also find KariAnne’s amazing blog posts here:
- Day 1 – What you Should be Christmas Shopping For Now
- Day 2 – How To Choose a Christmas Theme For Your Home
- Day 3 – 17 Ways to Make Last Year’s Christmas Decor Look New
- Day 4 – 7 Simple and Easy Christmas Centerpiece Ideas
- Day 5 – Gift Guides For Everyone On Your List
- Day 6 – 21 Easy DIY Christmas Gift Wrap Ideas
- Day 7 – 25 Personalized Christmas Gifts Under $25
- Day 8 – Handmade Holidays: Creative DIY Gift Ideas
- Day 9 – How to Make an Icebox Cake In a Jar
- Day 10 – 20 Unique Stocking Stuffers for Under $5
- Day 11 – 14 Creative Ideas for Your Christmas Tree
- Day 12 – 7 Christmas Eve Traditions to Start This Year
My Ablation Surgery Update
Many of you know I had Ablation surgery on November 2nd. The surgery is a procedure that involves burning parts of the heart muscle to prevent a condition called Atrial Fibrillation, or Afib. The procedure went well and I was home from the hospital the following day and feeling well.
I had so many comments and messages from you all commenting that I had jumped right back to work. To be truthful, we worked really hard in the days before the surgery and had all of the blog posts for the entire week of my surgery written and scheduled beforehand. It was amazing and fortunate because I did need to rest.
My doctor warned me that most patients will experience afib after the surgery because “your heart is mad at you”. It makes sense!
But … the afib has been pretty brutal. It’s worse than I have ever experienced and is happening a lot. One night this week it started at 12:45 am and lasted all night. I was never able to sleep. So I am still taking it easy, taking lots of naps, and looking forward to when “my heart is happier”.
Am I working again? Yes.
Just so you know, I am sure I will be just fine soon!
My Favorite Holiday Season
Last week I had so many people ask me what I loved most about the holiday season. That is such a hard question to answer.
I have a lot of favorites but I can tell you at the top of my list is always my FAMILY. I just texted the “texas boys” (aka Matt and Michael who live in Austin) to find out when they are coming home for Thanksgiving. We will have a house full of family members in about a week! I cannot wait.
And then, after Thanksgiving, we just might be taking a family vacation. Fora week. Can you guess where?
My next two favorite things to do during the holiday season just might be crafting and setting tables.
Look at some of my holiday season craft projects from previous years! These will all be on my blog soon. Are there any that you want to know how to make?
Links to Items Similar to What’s Seen in This Post
Setting Holiday Tables
When it comes to setting tables, well, I love holiday tables!
These are all from previous years. I will be sharing these plus have so many new ones to share, including one next week!
Do you remember when I shared my favorite Christmas plates?
Just in case you are interested in finding any of these plates, here is everything you need to know!
I flipped them all over so you could see the names and brands.
Shop for Your Christmas Plates
Reflections on the Week
Last week was so much fun! I shared handmade gifts, some awesome make-ahead desserts, and lots of stockings and stocking stuffers. I also added ways to decorate a farmhouse Christmas tree, my favorite Christmas Eve traditions, and ways to style a vintage Christmas. It sure feels like the holiday season has arrived at My 100 Year Old Home.
Good Things From Martha
Did you know my friend (haha) Martha Stewart has a directory page where you can find all of her Christmas ideas? It’s the perfect place to find lots of Christmas inspiration.
Just go here.
What’s Ahead for the Week
It’s going to be another fun week. I am sharing a new stunning Christmas table, a new homemade Christmas ornament, a DIY for some new tabletop trees, a Christmas bedroom, and more.
Catch up on Sunday Morning Coffee
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 38 – It’s the Holiday Season
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 37 – Classic Antiques or Unique Vintage?
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 36 – How Well Do You Know Me?
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 35 – Happy Anniversary
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 34 – Happy Labor Day Weekend
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 33 – Fall Flower Arrangements
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 32 – Happy Fall
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 31 – When the Seasons Change
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 30 – Late Summer Dinner on the Beach
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 29 – Repurposed Decor
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 28 – Summer Fun Outdoor Partyy
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 27 – How to Use a Soft Summer Color Palette
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 26 – Endelss Summer Nights
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 25 – Summer Decor Finds
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 24 – Summer Decor Tips
- Sunday morning Coffee Volume 23 – Beach House Renovations
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 22 – Happy Sunday Morning Coffee
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 21 – Easy Home Ideas
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 20 – Thirty Summer Days
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 19 – Summer is Almost Here
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 18 – The Carriage House is Done
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 17 – Sharing Joy and Thankfulness
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 16 – Summer Entertaining
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 15 – Projects at Home
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 14 – How to Get Ready for Summer Days
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 13 – The Best DIY Projects
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 12 – Just Do It Yourself
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 11 – Creative Inspiration
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 10 – Inside the Life of a Blogger
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 9 – Live Your Best Life
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 8 – Living Green
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 7 – Why I Love to Entertain
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 6 – February is All About Living Beautifully
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 5 – Our Beach House in Ventura, CA
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 4 – The Story of My 100 Year Old Home
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 3 – I Think I Might Be Martha’s Biggest Fan
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 2 – A Tribute to My Mom
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 1 – How Chip and Joanna Influenced My Life
Pin the image below to your entertaining boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!