Decorating our farmhouse Christmas tree is something I look forward to every year. There are so many memories tucked into the boxes in the attic.
We all love decorating Christmas trees in our homes and I love that there are so many different themes. Today I am sharing many of the Farmhouse Christmas trees I have decorated in the past.
It’s Day Eleven of Twelve Days to Get Ready for Christmas! My very amazing and talented friend KariAnne Wood at Thistlewood Farms and I are sharing tips for twelve days to help get you ready for Christmas. We have so many fun ideas to share!
Today we are sharing Day 10 – Decorating the Christmas Tree
If you don’t know my friend KariAnne then you really need to follow her. KariAnne is kind, funny, smart, creative and one of the best writers I know. She also motivates me every day! Be sure to head on over to Karianne’s blog to read about 14 Creative Ideas for Your Christmas Tree.
A Christmas Tree with Ribbon
I have decorated many different types of trees over the years. Flocked Christmas trees. Outdoor Christmas trees. Red and white Christmas trees and even a rose gold Christmas tree. Today, I am sharing a few of my favorite Farmhouse Christmas trees with you.
I have decorated a lot of Christmas trees with ribbon. How pretty was this red and white Christmas tree? I love to have an outdoor Christmas tree decorated. This one was on our back porch.
If you are enjoying my blog, you can sign up to receive my blog updates here. .
Decorating More Than One Christmas Tree
I love grouping smaller trees together. These trees were decorated in a frosted Christmas tree theme in silver and white. These trees are the Alpine Balsam Fir Trees from Balsam Hill and I love them!
Rose Gold Christmas Tree
I created this tree last year and decorated an entire rose gold Christmas tree. I made mercury glass ornaments in rose gold, added a rose gold ribbon and a rose gold tree collar. This was such a pretty tree!
A Nutcracker Themed Christmas Tree
One year, I decorated a 9 ft pre lit christmas tree with a nutcracker theme. It was really spectacular and maybe one of my favorite themes ever!
I love to craft and Christmas is a perfect time for crafting Christmas ornaments. If you are new to crafting, ornaments are a great craft to start with. They are small and so easy to make. Check out the posts below for some Christmas ornament craft ideas.
If you aren’t crafty and want to purchase ornaments, or if you are crafty but also love to buy new ornaments each year, I have you covered! I put together some of my favorite farmhouse/vintage-inspired ornaments below for you. Don’t be fooled by vintage-inspired, that does not mean expensive. Check out the prices on some of these beauties!
- Mercury glass is so beautiful on a Christmas tree. I love this mercury glass garland!
- Kurt Adler makes vintage inspired ornaments and this set of 12 is one of my favorites!
- All of these beautiful jewel toned ornaments are so gorgeous and 25 glass ornaments for $30!
- How amazing is this vintage inspired glass garland?
- These whimsical striped glass balls are so sweet. A set of 9 for $15!
- These red and gold vintage inspired glass oranments are absolutely gorgeous!
- I love to swag a tree with garland and this cranberry wood bead garland is 9ft!
- Or if you want less color, you can use this natural wood bead garland that is 12ft.
- How sweet is this set of 4 glass ornaments? I think the bear is my favorite.
- 25 mercury glass ornaments for $25! You can’t beat that deal!
- This box vintage inspired ornaments is one of my favorites!
- This set of red, green and gold vintage inspired ornaments are so pretty!
- I love these green glass pinecones. This set of 12 is only $15!
Christmas Tree Skirt
While I have made a tree skirt or two, or three or maybe five in my day, I put together a list for you of some amazing tree skirts and collars. Some of these may be in my cart already!
- I absolutely love this vintage inspired tree skirt with Santa and his reindeer and bells!
- And this white knit tree skirt is so simple yet so pretty.
- I have this rattan collar with the tartan ribbon in my cart!
- Nothing says Farmhouse Christmas like some ruffles! If your home or Christmas theme is farmhouse, this ruffled tree skirt is for you!
- I am a sucker for Santa and his sleigh. And burlap. And tartan plaid. And at $10, this darling tree skirt is a must have!
- This patchwork quilted tree skirt is so homey and will look so cute under any tree!
- Tree collars are a great way to hide the tree stand or water bucket and these two galvanized collars are wonderful. One is plain and one has farmhouse writing.
- This red knitted tree skirt has white snowflakes and trees around the edge. So cute! Red knit with white edging
- I love this white washed box shaped tree collar.
- I love pompoms and this tree skirt has pompoms and such a pretty script of Merry Christmas around the edge.
For years artificial trees weren’t so great. Today, artificial trees are beautiful AND pre-lit.
We have a tradition to go together as a family to the tree lot to choose our fresh tree together. But to be honest, these artificial trees have gotten so good-looking and so affordable, I think I might love them more than the tree lot trees. Shhh, don’t tell my family because we will still go to the tree lot together!
- This Best Choice Products 6ft Pre-Lit Spruce has almost 5,000 positive reviews and under $135. Such a good choice!
- National Tree Company 6ft Pre-Lit Dunhill Fir is under $160!
- Want to put your own lights on the tree? This 6 ft unlit tree is under $100 and over 10,000 reviews!
- Pencil trees are perfect for tight corners. This 7.5ft flocked and pre-lit tree has 350 lights on it!
- I love the shape of this 7.5 Foot Pre-Lit Aspen Fir.
- This 6.5ft Carolina Pine is pre-lit and so full. A gorgeous tree that is flocked and has pinecones.
- Balsam Hill 6ft Pre-Lit Artificial Christmas Tree Classic Blue Spruce. Amazon Exclusive – get it here!
- Create a winter wonderland with this 7.5ft Pre-Lit Snow Flocked Christmas Pine Tree
- Have tall ceilings? This National Tree Carolina Pine tree is 7.5ft and pre-lit.
- This 3ft farmhouse tree comes with this farmhouse style box and can be tucked into a small spot or kitchen!
Be sure to hear to KariAnne’s blog post titled 14 Creative Ideas for Your Christmas Tree.
If you missed any of my Twelve Days to Get Ready for Christmas, you can find them here:
- Day 1 – How to Shop for Holiday and Seasonal Decor
- Day 2 – Cranberry Christmas Theme
- Day 3 – Eleven Ways to Repurpose Least Year’s Christmas Decor
- Day 4 – Christmas Dishes and Table Decor Ideas
- Day 5 – Holiday Gift Guides for Everyone You Know
- Day 6 – Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Day 7 – Tis the Season of Giving Christmas Gifts Under $25
- Day 8 – 9 Gifts Handmade With Love
- Day 9 – Make Ahead Christmas Sweets for the Dessert Table
- Day 10 – Stocking Stuffers for Christmas Morning
- Day 11 – Decoratig a Farmhouse Christmas Tree
You can also find KariAnne’s amazing blog posts here:
- Day 1 – What you Should be Christmas Shopping For Now
- Day 2 – How To Choose a Christmas Theme For Your Home
- Day 3 – 17 Ways to Make Last Year’s Christmas Decor Look New
- Day 4 – 7 Simple and Easy Christmas Centerpiece Ideas
- Day 5 – Gift Guides For Everyone On Your List
- Day 6 – 21 Easy DIY Christmas Gift Wrap Ideas
- Day 7 – 25 Personalized Christmas Gifts Under $25
- Day 8 – Handmade Holidays: Creative DIY Gift Ideas
- Day 9 – How to Make an Icebox Cake In a Jar
- Day 10 – 20 Unique Stocking Stuffers for Under $5
- Day 11 – 14 Creative Ideas for Your Christmas Tree
Pin the image below to your decor boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!