Christmas is about memories and traditions. It’s a time to create new memories and to reminisce about Christmas yesterday and Christmas past.
Thanks for joining me for Sunday Morning Coffee, post-Christmas edition. I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and are happy and full from celebrating with family and friends, presents, and yummy food. Grab a cup of coffee and join me to reminisce about Christmas yesterday and Christmas past.
A Little Bit About Me
Christmas Day 2021
I am so grateful to have each of my sons and our fabulous daughter-in-law home for Christmas this year. This holiday season has been truly magical starting with our family trip to Hawaii the week after Thanksgiving and now to have them home for Christmas, I am literally giddy.
We all did wake up a bit later than in Christmas past and everyone grabbed a cup of coffee before heading to the living room to open gifts. The gift opening, joke-cracking, and togetherness, however, were something that makes my heart so happy. What was inside the gift wrap was not nearly as important as who was in the room.
This is our family Christmas photo. We took this photo in Hawaii in early December of this year. Who knew it had been raining just a few minutes before we took this photo?
I grew up in a family of five children. I am the middle child in that handful of children. Perhaps I suffer from typical middle child syndrome, but from the time I was little, I always wanted the holidays to be extra special and meaningful.
When I was young, I would hand-make Christmas gifts for everyone in my family. My love for sewing, crafting, and making started at a very young age. Creating something made specifically for someone was my gift-giving gaol every Christmas.
I have two sisters and White Christmas was always our favorite Christmas movie. My sisters and I still will break into the “Sisters” song whether we are together or on the phone on Christmas.
My brothers and sisters and I are spread out across the country now, but we are still very close. We are each busy with our own families now, but the memories of Christmas past are such a special part of each Christmas for me.
A New Tradition – A Christmas Mimosa
Somehow I imagined when my kids grew up Christmas wouldn’t be as much fun.
Boy was I ever wrong.
We have so many traditions that were started over twenty years ago and yes, we still do them today.
We still pile in the car on Christmas Eve and head out to look at the Christmas lights. Dave still reads T’was the Night Before Christmas to us all before we head to bed on Christmas Eve. We still open the stocking in the order of Youngest to Oldest and our gifts Oldest to Youngest.
So when I decided to make Christmas Mimosas on Christmas morning … they were a huge hit.
These blue ice molds are just so much fun. You can fill them with anything you want so I chose orange juice, cranberry juice, cranberries, and a bit of fresh rosemary.
Look how easy they are to make!
The Champagne glasses are from anthropologie.
I made them on Christmas Eve, in about ten minutes, and froze them overnight.
After we opened our gifts, I put the molds in Champagne glasses and poured the champagne over the top.
I love that the color of the champagne changed immediately. Plus they tasted fantastic and stayed very cold. I can honestly say I had never had such a wonderful Mimosa before!
I can’t wait to make these for New Year too.
As my boys have grown, they have all become “foodies” and my daughter-in-law is a fabulous cook, so the Christmas dinner production is now a family affair. While the menu is a traditional one from Christmas past, we all pitch in to create the meal. While there might be a new dish introduced or a new version of a recipe, this menu is maybe my most favorite of the year.
Here is what is on our Christmas Dinner Menu:
Green Leaf Salad with Cranberries and Carmelized Almonds
Beef Tenderloin with Red wine reduction Sauce and Horseradish Cream
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Caramelized Brussel Sprouts
What was on your Christmas Day menu? Do you ever change it? Please tell me about your traditional Christmas Day dinner, as I would love to know!
We had a 2022 Planning and Strategy meeting last week. It’s true as we do that here at My 100 Year Old Home a lot.
While I might make it look easy, posting content seven days a week takes careful thought and planning. We are excited about 2022, we have some really fun ideas we are cooking up.
What are you most interested in seeing on the blog? Please share with me what you love and what you want to see more of.
Starting tomorrow, look for some posts that will highlight the best of the year. I have joined together with some of my favorite blogger friends and we will all share our highlights from the year. You will not want to miss this!
Watch Me Live!
I was invited to become a part of the Amazon Live program and it has been so much fun. I only share items that I own and love and it has been a fun new medium to connect in. Have you watched any of them?
This is all new to me and I would love to hear what you think. I have one this week about Organizing the Christmas Chaos so be sure to check it out and let me know what you think!
Here are a few of my latest Amazon Lives! Just tap on the links to listen.
I am not quite ready to take Christmas down just yet. I love how cozy and festive our family room is. Just one more week before I start to pack it all up and tuck it into the eaves of the attic.
Getting ready for New Years? In Pasadena, New Years is a really big deal because of the Rose Bowl. Here are some fun ideas to get you ready to ring in the New Year!
If you are looking for some new recipes for New Years, check out the link below
You can find my Christmas Party recipes here. This list is actually the larger menu. There are lots to choose from whether your New Year’s gathering is small or large!
Reflections on the Week
Last week was all about leading up to Christmas. I shared a recap of our Christmas party, Christmas Crafts with Buttons, Last Minute Gift Wrapping Ideas, 11 Ways to Set Your Christmas Table, and some fun Christmas decor.
I hope you enjoyed all of these very fun holiday ideas.
Good Things From Martha
My friend (haha) Martha Stewart shared a fun article titled Martha’s Holiday Party at the Farm.
Wow. And I thought our holiday party was nice …
What’s Ahead for the Week
This week I will be sharing all of your favorite blog posts from the year together with the favorites from some of my best blogger friends. You will not want to miss one single day next week. I promise!
Catch up on Sunday Morning Coffee
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 42 – Was it the Best Christmas Party Ever?
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 41 – Two Weeks From Today
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 40 – Pink Christmas Decorations
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 39 – Christmas is Coming
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 38 – It’s the Holiday Season
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 37 – Classic Antiques or Unique Vintage?
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 36 – How Well Do You Know Me?
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 35 – Happy Anniversary
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 34 – Happy Labor Day Weekend
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 33 – Fall Flower Arrangements
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 32 – Happy Fall
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 31 – When the Seasons Change
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 30 – Late Summer Dinner on the Beach
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 29 – Repurposed Decor
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 28 – Summer Fun Outdoor Partyy
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 27 – How to Use a Soft Summer Color Palette
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 26 – Endelss Summer Nights
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 25 – Summer Decor Finds
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 24 – Summer Decor Tips
- Sunday morning Coffee Volume 23 – Beach House Renovations
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 22 – Happy Sunday Morning Coffee
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 21 – Easy Home Ideas
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 20 – Thirty Summer Days
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 19 – Summer is Almost Here
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 18 – The Carriage House is Done
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 17 – Sharing Joy and Thankfulness
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 16 – Summer Entertaining
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 15 – Projects at Home
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 14 – How to Get Ready for Summer Days
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 13 – The Best DIY Projects
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 12 – Just Do It Yourself
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 11 – Creative Inspiration
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 10 – Inside the Life of a Blogger
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 9 – Live Your Best Life
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 8 – Living Green
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 7 – Why I Love to Entertain
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 6 – February is All About Living Beautifully
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 5 – Our Beach House in Ventura, CA
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 4 – The Story of My 100 Year Old Home
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 3 – I Think I Might Be Martha’s Biggest Fan
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 2 – A Tribute to My Mom
- Sunday Morning Coffee Volume 1 – How Chip and Joanna Influenced My Life
Pin the image below to your entertaining boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!