Today I am sharing my favorite new Easter Brunch Recipe ideas. I used my favorite Easy Crab Cake recipe and created an “eggs benedict” style entree and a new gluten free cinnamon roll recipe.
Just so you know, I knocked it out of the park on this one. Seriously. These Easter Brunch recipe ideas are amazing. I made a new version of Eggs Benedict with a Crab cake, poached egg, and a vegan Lemon Dill sauce that is out of this world.
Then I made Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls in the Air Fryer. You can bake them in the oven if you want. Just so you know, we are calling them “Popables” because they are small and you can pop them in your mouth at anytime.
And as many times as you want. I mean, they are gluten free and cooked in an air fryer, right?
Easter Brunch Ideas
Look at these! Don’t they look delicious?
We were going to add a green salad but we ate too many cinnamon rolls and decided this was enough.
Also, just so you know, I have eight more brunch recipes included on my blog post today! Be sure to scroll down to see what my friends have cooked up.
Crab Cakes with Poached Eggs and Lemon Dill Sauce
I love Eggs Benedict. And I love crab cakes.
So I created a recipe of both in a sort of “Eggs Benedict” style entree. I topped it off with a veggie version of my Lemon Dill sauce.
I was so excited to try this and I have to tell you, it did not disappoint.
In fact, it was unbelievable.
For the Lemon Dill Sauce, I made my own “buttermilk” from Tofutti Dairy Free Sour Cream and a dash of Rice Vinegar. I have probably had the Lemon Dill Sauce forty times before and I promise, I could not tell the difference.
I use this sauce on so many things (such as grilled salmon) so I am beyond thrilled that I have a vegan alternative.
If you are enjoying my blog, you can sign up to receive my blog updates here.
I struggled a bit trying to determine how to make a 3″ crab cake and then came up with a very easy solution! I placed the crab cake mixture on a flat cookie sheet, pressed it to about 1/2″ and then cut out the round cake with a 3″ biscuit cutter.
When I cooked them I didn’t crowd them in a pan and used a smaller spatula to turn them.
I know there are a lot of questions about poached eggs. My biggest piece of advice is to use an Egg Poacher Pan. It’s a no brainer and they are not only cooked right but the eggs end up looking so pretty too!
Here is my recipe for Crab Cakes and the Vegan Lemon Dill Sauce.
- Crab Cakes
- 3 TBL plant based butter
- 1 scallion, chopped fine
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 2 TBL red bell pepper, chopped fine
- Ground red pepper (cayenne) to taste
- 3 TBL almond milk
- 1 TBL dijon mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp minced fresh basil
- 1 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup fine dry gluten-free panko bread crumbs
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 TBL olive oil
- Lemon Dill Sauce
- 3/4 cup Primal Kitchen avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Tofutti sour cream
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 TBL fresh or dried dill chopped
- 1 TBL minced fresh parsley
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBL grated lemon peel
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Poached Eggs
- 9 eggs
1. Lightly chop the crab meat in the food processor and set it aside.
2. Melt one TBL of the plant butter in a large skillet and saute the scallion, garlic, and red bell pepper until wilted, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the ground red pepper, almond milk, and mustard.
4. Cool slightly. Add the egg, basil, parsley, 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs, and the crabmeat.
5. Mix lightly until moldable. Pour out onto a lined cookie sheet. Flatten the mixture out to 1/2" thickness. Using a ring mold the size of a hamburger patty, cut patties out of the crab mixture. You will need to press firmly.
6. If desired, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and the parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Sprinkle on top of the crab cake patties.
Chill for at least one hour. (The crab cakes can be made one day prior and refrigerated, covered, up to this point.)
Combine the oil and the remaining 2 TBL of butter over moderate heat in a large skillet.
Saute the crab cakes for 3 minutes on each side.
Lemon Dill Sauce
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Chill until the mixture thickens.
I used an egg poacher. For poached eggs in an egg poacher, fill the pot with water and fit the egg cup tray into the pot. Spray the cups with cooking spray. Once the water is boiling, crack the egg and carefully slide eggs into the egg cups one at a time. Cook 4-6 minutes for soft poached eggs.
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls Cooked in the Air Fryer
As I mentioned, we are calling these Cinnamon Rolls “popables” because they are bite-sized. But the fact they are gluten free and vegan too makes them guilt free. Right?
You can make these any size you want, but we made them in 3″ widths and cut them down to 1 1/2″ wide after adding the filling.
I also aded a lot of the filling. I mean, why not, right?
This photo shows how I placed them in the air fryer. You can actually fill up the entire basket and cook them all at once if you want. (We were experimenting so we made small batches!)
I hope you enjoy my recipe for these yummy cinnamon rolls!
- 2 cups gluten-free measure for measure or one-to-one flour (I used Better Batter)
- 1 TBL baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Vanilla Coconut yogurt or other non-dairy yogurt types
- 1 stick Country Crock plant-based butter
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 TBL ground cinnamon
- ⅛ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
1: Mix gluten-free flour, baking powder, salt, and yogurt together in a bowl. It will be crumbly. Use your hands to form the dough into a ball. If the dough will not form a ball, add a splash of yogurt until the dough binds but is not wet.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the plant butter. Once the plant butter is melted, add the organic coconut sugar and cinnamon and mix until it forms a mud-like paste.
3. Roll the dough out into a rectangle about 9x6. I used a Silpat mat to roll the dough out on. Cut into two 3" strips using a butter knife. Also, run the knife under the dough strips to keep them from sticking to the Silpat or roll out the surface.
4. Spoon the cinnamon/sugar paste onto the dough strips to cover. Once covered with the paste, roll the dough. Pat each side of the dough to straighten the roll. Using a sharp knife, cut the roll in half and place it in the air fryer in a single layer. I placed the rolls next to each other so that they would not expand and unroll. Fill air fryer in a single layer. Air Fry/Bake at 390 for 6 minutes, checking at 3 minutes for doneness. Cook until golden brown. The filling will leak a little. Each air fryer is a bit different, so the timing may not be the same for the air fryer that you are using. Once the cinnamon rolls are golden brown, remove from the air fryer with tongs (an air fryer’s best friend) to keep them intact and place on cooling rack.
5. While the cinnamon rolls are in the air fryer, mix together the glaze ingredients until smooth.
6. Brush the with glaze to finish.
I hope you will try these recipes. They really are wonderful.
Frequently Asked Questions
A lot of families enjoy Family Easter Brunch Recipes. I a, excited this year to try my Crab Cake, Poached Egg and Lemon Dill Sauce Egg Recipe and my Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls.
Brunch is a combination of items from breakfast and lunch so I always create a menu featuring the best of both. I like to serve egg dishes from breakfast along with some heartier lunch recipes. I always suggest you include savory, sweet, fruit, eggs, breads, and some light options for those who aren’t as hungry. A buffet is always the best for our family so each person can decide exactly what they want to eat!
Links to the Items Shown in This Post
More Fabulous Easter Brunch Recipes from My Friends
9 Best Easter Brunch Recipe Ideas
Keto Low-Carb Dutch Baby Giant Pancake // Tatertots & Jello
Easy Waffle Eggs Benedict // Zevy Joy
My Favorite Easter Brunch Recipe Ideas // My 100 Year Old Home
Fluffy Japanese Souffle Pancake // Happy Happy Nester
Raspberry Greek Yogurt Muffins // The DIY Mommy
Waffle Brunch Board // Modern Glam
Blueberry Donuts with Lemon Glaze (Gluten Free) // Satori Design For Living
Brioche French Toast Muffins // Twelve on Main
Easter Brunch Recipe Ideas // My Sweet Savannah
Pin the image below to your decor boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!