I love how I rescued this stained tablecloth by painting it in summer colors with a paint roller. It looks perfect on my Summer Colors Citrus Table!
I have a habit of buying vintage tablecloths and occasionally I get one that can’t be saved. Today I shared a DIY on how to rescue a stained tablecloth with bright summer colors.
A Painted Summer Colors Tablecloth
I think this photo makes it pretty clear how I painted this tablecloth. It wasn’t hard! Although, my husband came downstairs while I was painting this and said, “I can’t believe you are painting this so fast!” He really did think I was painting it by hand.
I haven’t used this tablecloth in years. I bought it at the flea market for a few dollars and was surprised that I couldn’t get the stains bleached out. I assumed it was destined for the trash until I decided to paint it. Can I just say, that I love this tablecloth so much!
I went with a citrus theme and the grapefruits, oranges, and lemons look wonderful on the table.
How to Make a Painted Tablecloth with a Paint Roller
I first started painting with paint rollers when I bought these vintage French paint rollers at the Rose Bowl Flea Market. But then I found this paint roller from Amazon and it is actually my favorite.
You don’t need much to make this table cloth. All you need is the cloth, the paint roller, and some acrylic paint.
- select a white tablecloth for this project (if it has stains it is better!)
- place the acrylic pait in a flat pan lined with parchment paper
- roll the paint roller in the paint
- place the roller on the fabric and roll. As soon as the paint starts to run thin, remove and add more paint to the roller. Place the roller back in the same spot (you can actually match up the design if you want but it doesn’t have to be exact).
- roll each section of paint by color. You can also make the entire tablecloth in one color.
- here you can see the color variance between the orange and the pink/coral.
- the completed tablecloth is just perfect as none of the stains can be seen.
Setting the Summer Colors Table
Setting the table is really easy. I started with grapefruits then added oranges and lemons. I love how the citrus fruit looks in the center of the table.
If you are enjoying my blog, you can sign up to receive my blog updates here. .
This flat lay photo looks so wonderful!
Summer Colors with Friends
I love joining my friends to see what kind of projects they share! I think you are going to love all of these projects!
Links to the Items Shown in This Post
Pin the image below to your decor boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!