I have mentioned our annual Christmas party a few times. Our party is a big event, and it has grown in every aspect over the last thirty years. We invite all of our friends and family (and their children if they are friends with our children) and I cook all of the food. For about 250 people. And no, I am not a caterer.
It’s the “cooking all of the food” part of our party that is the reason my friends think I am crazy. I know it’s a lot of work. It takes me a few weeks to prepare everything. But over the years I have created a very good menu of heavy hors-d’oeuvres and desserts. In fact, most people say the food is excellent. I don’t change the menu much because anytime I delete something I hear about it from one of our guests!
So I know what you are thinking. What is on the party menu and will I publish the recipes? After considerable thought, I am going to share all of my recipes this year. Every single one. The only catch is you need to follow my blog if you want a copy. All you have to do is fill out this box below with your email address and it’s done. On December 1st I will email a PDF file to everyone on the list with all of my recipes. It’s that simple.
So here is the menu for our Holiday Party:
H O R S – D’ O E U V R E S
- Spicy Grilled shrimp
- Beef Tenderloin with rolls
- Smoked Turkey with cranberry/orange muffins
- Teriyaki Salmon Bites
- Chicken lettuce wraps
- BLT tomatoes
- Skewered chicken with peanut sauce
- Skewered flank steak with peanut sauce
- Crab cakes with lemon dill sauce
- BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Ham and Swiss Sliders
- Salads on a Stick – wedge and caprese
- Sweet potato rounds with goat cheese
- Phyllo with spinach dip
- Whipped sweet potatoes in crusts with pecan topping
- Crab quesadillas with salsa
- Brie cups with pomegranates
- Ahi Tuna and avocado on sesame wonton chips
- Pesto stuffed mushrooms
D E S S E R T S
- Cran, toffee and chocolate oatmeal cookies
- Peanut butter fudge
- Frosted sugar cookies
- Coconut joy candy bars
- Chocolate Mint Marvels
- If you want a copy of all of these recipes, just sign up to follow my blog!
The only reason I can pull this off is because I have an excel spreadsheet that I have made that is color-coded and lists everything I need to cook, by each day, to pull off the party.
I guess I should also share what my Excel Spreadsheet looks like.
See? Now you think I am crazy too.
But the truth is, I love it. Ok, maybe that’s not 100% true. I love it most of the time.
And I am not crazy. I promise.