Well, it’s week four of the One Room Challenge and I am starting to panic. Why? Because there are only two weeks left and I have so much still to do. (If you would like to read my previous posts about The One Room Challenge, you can go to week one, week two and week three.)
But, I have good news! The boy’s bedroom is all painted and the new board and batten project is officially done! I can’t believe what a difference paint makes.
I used Dunn and Edwards Swiss Coffee white paint and I used the Eggshell finish as I wanted the board and batten to have more of a look of wood, and not plaster.
I think what I love the most about this project is that it looks original to the house. And that means it worked. I am thrilled.
I have only two weeks to finalize the details. I thought I would share my punch list.
- Bed – done, delivery is tomorrow, thanks to my partners at Saatva Mattress.
- Rug – ordered and will be delivered May 4th.
- Duvet cover and shams – TBD.
- Ceiling and wall light – TBD. We have a slight battle in our home (mom vs. the boys) as to whether this room needs a ceiling fan. You can probably guess which side I am on.
- Seating – I am trying to decide between a bench or a love seat at the end of the bed. After the bed gets installed tomorrow, I will be able to make that decision.
- Cabinet – I bought a very old cabinet that needs cleaning and some repair. It’s pretty cool but needs a lot of TLC.
- TV – TBD. I have to decide which TV I am going to use.
- Drapes – I haven’t decided if we need drapes. Help!
- Artwork – Three pieces are here and frames are here. Two more pieces need to be painted. By me.
- End tables – I found some tables at the flea market (they are great!) but they still need to be painted.
- Lamps – TBD. I am still looking …
The little twist in this plan is that my son comes home in a week. He is playing in the French Volleyball National Championships on May 5th and will be home on May 6th. Ideally, I would like to have this room complete and photographed before he moves in. Because after he moves in … well … it may never look the same.
And I am totally okay with that.
Click here to see more projects that are a part of the #oneroomchallenge.