It’s a warm and cozy time of the year and I have wanted to make a pom pom pillow for quite some time. I found this chenille yarn and really loved making these.
This pom pom pillow is not only adorable but is so easy to make! Ready to learn how?
One of my favorite crafts is a DIY pillow. I share one at least once a month, if not more. Once you master the art of making pom poms (which isn’t hard) you will be able to make a pom pom pillow for yourself.
An Easy and Adorable DIY Pillow
In case you are wondering where I got this idea, I have seen some pillows like this online quite often. But can I just say that all of the pom pom pillows that I really like are kinda expensive!
Besides, I love crafting, and anytime I can make something that I like I am very happy.
In case you saw my stories, I did buy this yarn originally to make a cozy blanket. But, after trying three different crochet stitches with a hook that was way too big (S-19), I decided to try something else.
I made the pom poms while watching the National Championship football game and should have paid attention because I made way too many! Oh well, I have a feeling I will find a way to use these to make something else.
Materials Needed to Make a Pom Pom Pillow
On this blog, I may sometimes use affiliate links, which means a small commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. The price you pay will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link.
DIY Pom Pom Pillow Steps
- Based on the size of your pillow cover, determine the layout of the pom poms and how many you estimate you will need.
- Open the pom pom holder and put it in the position to make a pom pom.
- Wrap each side with yarn.
- Close the pom pom maker and cut the yarn down the middle of the pom pom maker, all the way around.
- Tie a thin piece of yarn snugly through the area where you cut the yarn. Secure it with a double knot.
- Open the pom pom maker and release the pom pom.
- Fluff the pom pom and cut any of the yarn pieces that are too long.
- Lay out the pom poms and cut off any long yarn pieces you used to tie the pom pom. Attach the pom poms to the pillow with a needle and thread or glue. You can use fabric glue or a glue gun. Just know that this is a decorative pom pom pillow that will not wash easily. I will not wash mine!
- I used a hot glue gun and I added lots of glue to the bottom of the pom pom and pressed the pom pom firmly on the pillow cover.
If you are enjoying my blog, you can sign up to receive my blog updates here. .
Watch My Amazon Live
This pillow is so easy to make. Below is everything you need to make your own! Or, if you are not a crafter, I included some pillows with pom poms!
Pin the image below to your boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!