I love summer salads and I challenged myself to come up with a new recipe. This Blueberry Summer Salad Recipe is my new favorite.
Summer salads. They are my favorite. In fact, I like them so much I prepare them year-round. (Of course, we live in Southern California so that is pretty easy to do.)
Today I have joined fourteen other bloggers to share our favorite Summer Salad Recipes. (Be sure to scroll down for all of the recipes.) These salads are healthy, delicious, and fun to eat. They can be enjoyed as a side or as a main course, it’s just up to you to decide if you want to add some protein.
Either way, this Blueberry Summer Salad is to die for.
A few weeks ago I shared a salad recipe for The Best Summer Salad Recipe. So many of you tried it and loved it. I thought it might be fun to spice things up a bit and see if I could come up with a recipe that is equal or better.
So let me share with you The Best Blueberry Summer Salad Recipe.
What’s in This Blueberry Summer Salad Recipe?
Baked/Grilled chicken or fish (optional)
Homemade Blueberry Balsamic Salad dressing
This is another one of those “empty out the refrigerator” salads.
I made the salad for just the two of us and I started with some leafy greens.
Next, I added blueberries, a can of mandarin oranges (drained), and some dried cranberries.
I added some crumbled goat cheese, although blue cheese would work great too in this salad.
I made some homemade dressing using some of the Blueberry Simple Syrup I keep in the refrigerator.
Next, I caramelized the sliced almonds. This time I added Pumpkin Pie Spice and Cayenne Pepper.
These almonds tasted so good!
I added fresh avocado and the salad was done!
If you want a salad with protein, add some chicken or fish.
I added some grilled chicken and enjoyed the Blueberry Summer Salad for lunch. It was amazing. I loved it.
- Salad Ingredients
- 5 cups romaine or salad greens lettuce
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 can Mandarin oranges (drained)
- 1/2 avocado, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cups of Goat cheese, crumbled
- Baked or Grilled chicken or fish (optional)
- Caramelized almonds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 TBL sugar
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Homemade Blueberry Balsamic Salad dressing
- 1 TBL Blueberry Simple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBL white wine vinegar
- 2 TBL dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Blueberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Mix almonds, cayenne pepper, sugar, and pumpkin spice in a frying pan. Heat over medium heat and stir constantly. Cook until the almonds are browned and the sugar is melted, about 8 minutes. Do not burn.
- Mix ingredients for Blueberry Balsamic Dressing and store in a small jar with a lid. Refrigerate until needed.
- To make the Simple Sugar - Combine 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of blueberries, and 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 - 12 minutes until the liquid is the consistency of syrup. While cooking, stir occasionally and press the blueberries on the side of the pan to add flavor. Remove from heat and cool. Strain the mixture into a ball jar and seal tightly with the lid. Store in a refrigerator for up to one month.
- Mix all ingredients for the salad in a bowl. Top with almonds and toss with a few tablespoons of salad dressing.
15 Delicious Summer Salad Recipes
Asian Noodle Salad with Toasted Sesame Dressing // Happy Happy Nester
Simple Burrata and Tomato Salad // Craftberry Bush
Strawberry Avocado and Pecan Summer Salad // Maison de Pax
Fresh Sauteed Beet & Butternut Salad // French Country Cottage
Pasta Salad With Summer Tomatoes // Modern Glam
Asian Noodle Salad // Finding Lovely
Easy Spinach and Fruit Summer Salad Recipe // Zevy Joy
Blueberry Summer Salad // My 100 Year Old Home
Pacific Northwest Cobb Salad // Lemon Grove Lane
Refreshing & Healthy Cauliflower Summer Salad // My Sweet Savannah
Easy Vegan Lentil Bolognese Salad // Shabbyfufu
Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad With Balsamic Dressing // Twelve on Main
Summer Peach Spinach Salad // Sanctuary Home Decor
The Easiest Bow Tie Pasta Salad // Your Marketing BFF
Mexican Salad Bowl // Jennifer Maune
Pin the image below to your Salad Recipes or Summer Recipe boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!