I served this summer chicken salad to my family last week and I love that they all agreed this is the best summer salad ever! It’s easy and adaptable and one of my favorites.
I love serving salads in the summer. Which means I make a lot of them. Today I am sharing the best summer salad recipe ever.
I have also joined some blogging friends that are sharing their favorite summer recipes too.
This salad is crunchy, refreshing, and delicious. Normally I serve the salad tossed. But with six people enjoying this salad, I decided it would be great to allow everyone to make their own. That allows everyone to make the salad exactly how they like it!
I decided to serve all of the salad bar items in mason jars. I have a lot of them and I love how they look on this large cutting board.
So What’s in This Summer Salad Recipe?
Honey crisp apples
I loved using different sized jars to hold the salad items.
I like to chop my lettuce in 3/4″ slices. I have done it this way for years!
There is no doubt that these sugared almonds are one of the reasons this is the best summer salad recipe ever.
They are cooked on the stovetop with two teaspoons of sugar. That’s it! You just keep stirring until they are golden brown and then immediately place on foil to cool. This is one of those items where you must give them your full attention. I have burned these a gazillion times because I briefly walked away from the almonds.
You can grill, bake, or boil the chicken for the salad. I placed it in a baking dish, sprinkled it with olive oil, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning and baked it at. 350 degrees for twenty-five minutes. This is so good!
- Sugared Almonds
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tsp. sugar
- Chicken breasts:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 TBL olive oil
- 2 tsp poultry. seasoning, 1 /2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 2 avocados, cut into pieces
- 2 cans mandarin oranges (11 oz.)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 honey crisp or pink lady apple, diced
- 5 green onions
- 2 TBL sesame oil
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- To make the slivered almonds, place almonds and sugar in a stovetop pan. Cook at medium temperature for approximately four minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon the entire time. As soon as the almonds are golden brown, remove from heat and place on aluminum foil to cool.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish, sprinkled it with olive oil, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning and bake at 350 for twenty-five minutes. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix all ingredients for salad dressing in a container and shake.
- Mix all salad ingredients (or place in containers as a salad bar). Add sugared almonds and sprinkle with dressing.
This week, some of my blogging friends, and I are sharing our favorite summer recipe ideas. Just click on the links below the images to be taken to see their full posts.
Grilled Zucchini with Parmesan on the BBQ at The Happy Housie
The Best Summer Salad at My 100 Year Old Home
Summer Corn, Blueberry and Avocado Salad at Cassie Bustamante
Lobster Rolls at Home at Finding Silver Pennies
Easy Skillet Nachos at She Gave it a Go
Rhubarb Cloud Dessert at A Pretty Life
Summer Apple Rhubarb Galette at Life is Better at Home
Summer Pavlova at Life is a Party
Lemon Rosewater Cookies at This is Simplicite
Cherry Rhubarb Crisp in Mini Skillets at Satori Design for Living
Cherry Pie Ice Cream at Jenna Kate at Home
Berry Crisp on the Grill at Clean & Scentsible
Sheet Pan Lemon Bars at My Sweet Savannah
Pin the image below to your Recipe or Salad boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!