I have been cooking a lot in the kitchen these past few weeks. Two nights ago I made a yummy homemade pizza and I cannot wait to share it with you.
I have yet to meet someone who doesn’t like pizza. Homemade pizza is so easy to make and always a fan favorite. Homemade pizza is also a great way to utilize leftovers. Ready to learn some of my pizza tricks?
Let’s face it. There is a lot of cooking happening in our kitchens these days. And today I am going to share one of my favorite new recipes … homemade pizza.
I love to cook and feel a bit challenged these days to come up with the right recipes that I can make with the food that I have in my kitchen. So I have started to shop my refrigerator. Last night I made homemade ravioli and threw together a filling from what we had on hand. I didn’t use a recipe, instead, I just acted like I knew what I was doing. The night before I made homemade pizza using what we had in our refrigerator. Both meals were really good.
I thought it might be fun to share my “new” recipe for homemade pizza.
I recently found a large quantity of flour (20 lbs.) and yeast (9 packs of three). So making homemade pizza was really easy.
The key to making good pizza at home is cooking the pizza properly. Nothing is worse than a pizza with soggy dough. Ideally, you need an oven that cooks the pizza at a very high. temperature. A pizza oven is best, of course, but I have had a special pizza small appliance and I love it.
This is the Silver Breville Crispy Crust Pizza Maker.
I bought this tabletop pizza oven a few years ago and I love it. I have had the oven for about five years and it really makes the best pizza. The oven is from Breville and you can find it here. I think it is very reasonably priced.
- 1 cup warm water 105-110 degrees F
- 1 TBS sugar
- 1 TBS active dry yeast
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Tear a piece of parchment paper to hold your crust.
- In a mixing bowl or stand up mixer, add the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Stir and let the mixture rest for about five minutes.
- Add .olive oil and stir.
- Add 2 cups of flour in increments of ½ .cup. Add salt and mix until ball forms. Continue to mix until the dough forms into a ball. The dough should be slightly sticky so add additional flour if needed.
- Place the dough in a well greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap Let the dough rise for 45 .minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead into a smooth dough.
- Roll out the dough into your desired shape and gently move to parchment paper.
- Prick to remove any air pockets.
- Top with pizza sauce, cheese, and assorted toppings. Mosts ingredients in our refrigerator
- Bake on the lower rack of your preheated oven (at 400)° for 5- 8 minutes until the crust is cooked. Or bake in the Breville Stove Top Piza oven until the crust is browned about eight minutes.
- Let the pizza cool for a few minutes and then cut and serve.
To select your toppings, open your refrigerator and select whatever items you think might work. I used olive oil, pizza sauce, cooked sausage, cut mushrooms. and mozzarella cheese. This pizza was unbelievable. You can also make a BBQ Chicken pizza, Margherita Pizza, Hawaiian Pizza, Cheese Pizza, and more.
The pizza only bakes for about eight minutes and is so delicious.
Pin the image below to your Craft or fall decor boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!