I love making wreaths for fall and thought it would be fun to make a pumpkin wreath. I used my two favorite colors, copper and pink!
For this wreath, I used mini white pumpkins and three different methods to change the color of the pumpkins. Then I used a grapevine wreath and some faux florals and I love the final version of my pumpkin wreath.
My new book, A Home to Share, is available for Pre-order now! Click here for more details!
How to Make a Pumpkin Wreath
Fall is such a wonderful time to decorate. And I love coming up with lots of fun DIY projects to make and share with all of you.
I teamed up with 11 other bloggers and the task was to create a pumpkin DIY. Of course, I decorated 36 pumpkins to make this pumpkin DIY wreath! And I love how it came out. (Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post to find the eleven fabulous pumpkin DIY projects.)
As you can see, I decorated the pumpkins in a few different ways. I like them all but I think the ribbon wrapped ones might just be my favorite.
You can decide how you want to decorate your pumpkins. I decided to try some different methods and you can only use one, all, or even try something else.
- Grapevine wreath (I used an 18″ wreath)
- Small 2″ white pumpkins (I purchased three boxes,
- Metallic paint
- Mod Podge
- 1″ organza ribbon (assorted colors) and assorted reds and pinks
- metallic leaf (I used copper leaf and this adhesive)
- paint brushes
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Faux foliage to decorate the wreath
A Fun Pumpkin Wreath
On this blog, I may sometimes use affiliate links, which means a small commission is earned if you make a purchase via the link. The price you pay will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link.
How to Decorate the Pumpkins
It took me a while to figure this out but when I did it was so easy! Measure the length from one side of the stem, all the way around the outside of the pumpkin, to the other side of the stem. (For these 2″ napkins, the measurement was 6″.) Cut four strips of ribbon.
- one – cover the pumpkin with mod modge.
- two – wrap the ribbon from the side of the stem, around the outside of the pumpkin, to the other side. Press the ribbon to secure.
- three – continue wrapping the ribbon around the pumpkin, using all four strips.
- if desired, paint the finished pumpkin with more mod podge. Otherwise, add some mod podge across the top to secure the ribbon.
This is by far the easiest way to decorate the pumpkins. I love using metallic paint and for a lot of the pumpkins, I combined rose gold and pink metallic paint. What a gorgeous color!
The process is self explanatory Just paint the pumpkins with the paint! Hehe.
I forgot to take photos of the process and this is the only one I took. (The reason is that the foil is messy and sticky and I didn’t want to pick up my phone and make a mess of that too!)
For a complete description of how to cover these pumpkins with copper foil, go here.
I also thought the copper pumpkins were a bit bright, so I added a few strokes of metallic paint to tone them down.
Assembling the Pumpkin Wreath
I wanted to add some decorative foliage to the wreath before I added the pumpkins. I found this in my fall foilage bucket and tucked some of the branches into the grapevine and I think it adds some nice dimension.
Before I started assembling the wreath, I divided the stack of pumpkins into fourths. This allowed me to see how many pumpkins I had for each fourth of the wreath. This method gave me an idea of how close I needed to place the pumpkins without running out!
To attach the pumpkins I used a hot glue gun. I covered the bottom of the pumpkin with hot glue and placed it on top of the grapevine wreath and held it for about ten seconds until it was attached.
Continue adding more pumpkins until the wreath is completed.
In Case You’d Rather Shop, Some of My Favorite Wreaths!
If you are enjoying my blog, you can sign up to receive my blog updates here. .
Blogger’s Best Series – Fall Pumpkin DIYs
- Pottery Barn Inspired Amber Pumpkin Cloches by Tatertots and Jello
- How to Make Concrete Pumpkin Candle Holders by Robyn’s French Nest
- Dried Floral Pumpkin Centerpiece by Modern Glam
- Sherpa Pumpkin Pillow PB Knockoff by Craftberry Bush
- DIY Fall Decor Ideas by Jennifer Maune
- DIY Faux Terra Cotta Pumpkins by Twelve on Main
- Pumpkin Planters by Finding Lovely
- Luxe Studded Pumpkins by My Sweet Savannah
- The Best Pumpkin Wreath DIY by My 100 Year Old Home
- Easy Pumpkin and Candle Decoration by Zevy Joy
- Pumpkin Fairy House by Happy Happy Nester
- Fall Pumpkins: How to Easily Make Costly Pottery Barn Look for Less by The Design Twins
Watch My Amazon Live
Click here to watch any of my Amazon Live shows. All shows are recorded.
Watch this show where I shared lots of fall craft ideas. I even featured this wreath!
Pin the images below to your boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!