Our Dinner Club finally got together again and we hosted the most amazing outdoor party. It was an amazing evening of good food and fun!
Last week I featured the potluck menu from this outdoor party. So many of you asked about the party itself that I thought I had better share it on the blog today.
Dinner Club Outdoor Party
I set a table in the middle of our backyard and it ended up being a very magical evening!
If you would like to watch how I spent the day setting up this entire party, go here to my Instagram stories highlights.
Setting Up the Spring Fun Dinner Party
I decided early on that I wanted to use a lot of copper on my table for the party. I have copper chargers, copper candlesticks (including the Rose Gold Candlesticks DIY I made), and my gorgeous copper tub for the flowers.
I just wasn’t sure which plates to use. So I shared six different options on my Instagram stories and let you all decide.
It came down to the green or black transferware. The black transferware was the clear favorite by all of you and that’s what I chose.
Don’t these look amazing?
Setting the table was easy once you all picked out the china!
How to Set the Table
- one – I wasn’t sure where to set up the table for our outdoor party, as I was waiting on the weather. If it was too cold or too hot, I was going to do the party in the Carriage house. But the weather prediction was amazing (about 72 at 9:00 pm) and I decided to put the table in the middle of the yard.
- two – I used my wooden table tops, which fit on top of plastic folding tables. Click to learn How to Make My Wood Table Tops.
- three – I knew I wanted to use my copper chargers and braided placemats but loved that you all voted which plates I should use.
- four – Please note that you don’t need to have everything match. I actually couldn’t find the last two chargers so I used two gold ones. I always mix up my silver and silver plate and for larger parties, I always mix up my china and glassware. It is fun to mix everything because I think it looks unique and different.
I have linked to all of the items on my table below but I wanted to mention these gorgeous clear and copper glasses are from Anthropologie. They come in a set of four and they have highball glasses (pictured here), wine glasses, champagne flutes, and stemless wine glasses. My boys bought me the highball glasses and the champagne flutes for Christmas!
I love how the table looked. It didn’t take a lot of effort and everyone loved it!
If you are enjoying my blog, you can sign up to receive my blog updates here. .
Here is a close-up of the Anthropologie glasses.
I have to tell you how much I love this setting for our outdoor party because it was perfect.
Arranging the Flowers for the Outdoor Party
I received this gorgeous copper tub for my birthday. So many of you asked about it and I can’t tell you how happy I was when my husband gifted it to me. Of course, I do have to be honest and mention that I happened to see it at a Williams-Sonoma store. So I texted a photo of it to my husband and he follows directions really well!
Dave thought we were going to use the copper container to hold beverages but I had another idea! I thought it would make an amazing vase for my flowers and it was even better than I had expected.
I love to arrange flowers and these were no exception. I bought all of the flowers at Trader Joe’s and I pretty much went with an orange theme to highlight the copper at my table.
Outdoor Party Floral Arrangement Step by Step
- one – I started by unwrapping all of the flowers and placing them in water.
- two – I wanted to use floral foam (oasis) to hold the flowers. I cut the pieces to fit snugly in the vase and added about an inch of water.
- three – I added the eucalyptus greens first by poking them into the foam along the outer edge of the vase.
- four – I knew I couldn’t make the flowers too tall as I wanted everyone to be able to see everyone across the table. I started with the gerbera daisies and cut the stems to about 8″ and placed them in the foam throughout the arrangement. I added the tulips next.
- five – I also added roses and carnations
- six – Here is the finished centerpiece!
One more close-up of the table!
Backyard Lighting for the Outdoor Party
I need to make sure you know what is so amazing about these lights. Not only are they controlled by a remote control, but there are buttons to press for 100%, 75%, 50% and 25% if you want to change the brightness of the lights. There is also an up and down switch on the remote to pick any level of brightness you want.
I cannot believe how amazing these lights are. We love them so much!
And look at the reflection!
The evening was incredible and all twelve of us were so happy to be together for a Dinner Club.
Browse Below For Items I used in this Summer Fun Post
Watch My Amazon Live
Today I am airing a new LIVE show on amazon. IT;s called
Click here to watch any of the Live Broadcasts on my feed. (anytime after 11:00 am PST). All of my Amazon Live Broadcasts are recorded.
Pin the image below to your decor boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!