Today I am sharing my easy pasta recipe which can be used to make any kind of pasta! I also only use four or five ingredients which makes it perfect for the Five-Ingredient Challenge I am doing today!
I am laughing out loud right now. A friend reached out to me and said she couldn’t find my easy pasta recipe on my blog. I told her to look again as I was sure it was on my blog.
I was completely wrong.
Which is kind of funny because, in the last year, I would guess I have made homemade fresh pasta about thirty times. Of course, those thirty times range from Butternut Squash Ravioli to Fig, Gorgonzola and Chicken Ravioli to spaghetti and fettuccine and the Best Marinara Sauce. If I had to guess, I would say I cook pasta at least three times a month.
I have shared my pasta making on Instagram a gazillion times.
So when I went to search my own blog for a step-by-step how to make my easy pasta recipe, it was nowhere to be found.
Actually, this worked out great because today I am part of a blog hop called Five Ingredients. And pasta is about the only thing I make that takes only five ingredients. (Which might be a hint that I need to simplify things.)
Also, there’s a video at the bottom of this post. Be sure to scroll down to see it.
What You Need to Make My Easy Pasta Recipe
Kitchen Aid Mixer with pasta attachments (Pasta Roller and Spaghetti Cutter or Fettuccine Cutter) or a Pasta Roller.
You can also use a less expensive pasta hand roller or a hand crank pasta machine. I have shared some of these options with you below.
A Pasta Drying Rack
Ingredients You Need to Make My Easy Fresh Pasta Recipe
Every time I make pasta I use these exact ingredients. Flour, eggs, salt, and water. That’s it!
It’s a recipe that is easy to memorize.
I make the dough in my Kitchen Aid Mixer.
Then I roll it into a ball and cut it into four equal parts.
Follow the instructions below to make the pasta.
Select the cutting tool (fettuccine or spaghetti) and cut the pasta. That’s it!
Here is what you might need to make homemade pasta.
- 3 ½ cups of flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 -3 TBL of water
- Place all of the ingredients in the mixing bowl. Mix on the second speed for one to two minutes with the flat beater.
- While in the bowl, make a ball with the dough. If the dough stays together and doesn’t stick to your hands, then it is ready. If it’s too dry, add water, one tablespoon at a time. Mix again after water is added. If it’s too moist, add some flour.
- Place the dough ball on to a mat or surface and knead slightly. Form a ball and cut into fourths.
- Put the Pasta Roller Attachment on the KitchenAid.
- Flatten one of the dough pieces and push through the roller at setting #1. Fold over the pieces of dough (into the width of the roller) and run the pasta through a few more times.
- Continue placing the pasta in the roller through setting #7. (At level 5, you. Will likely need to cut the pasta piece in half. It’s much easier to handle.
- Remove the roller and place either the Spaghetti or Fettuccini Cutter on the Kitchen Aid Machine.
- Carefully feed the pasta through the cutter. Place the pasta on the drying rack.
- Continue the same steps for the next three pieces of pasta dough.
- Once the dough is ready, cook in boiling water for about five minutes.
- If you don’t want to cook the pasta right away, let the pasta dry on the rack overnight. Just be aware that a lot of the pasta will break off onto the counter once dry.
- The next morning you can store in a ziplock bag for up to four weeks.
Besides, I needed a fifth ingredient anyway. Fresh basil!
These are the simple steps you can follow to make Fresh Basil Pasta.
- Make the fresh pasta and use the roller attachment to level #5.
- Chop about one TBL of fresh basil and place it on one side of the pasta sheet.
- Fold over the pasta sheet two to three times.
- Place the pasta back in the roller at level #3 and run the pasta through until you have complete level #7.
- Run the pasta through the cutter and cook accordingly.
Brown Butter Basil recipe
1 stick butter
2 TBL chopped fresh basil
Grated parmesan for garnish
Sage Brown Butter Sauce
- Melt butter and add chopped basil. Cook over medium heat for five minutes until the butter starts to brown. Do not burn. (Strain if necessary.)
- Cook pasta and serve on a plate. Top with butter sauce and parmesan cheese.
I hope you have enjoyed this simple recipe!
Now I am sharing with you eleven more recipes that only have Five Ingredients!
Layered Hummus Dip – Modern Glam
Appetizer Trio With Roasted Rosemary Cashews – Classic Casual Home
Have you Made Pesto Lately? – Most Lovely Things
Homemade Hummus – Lemongrove Lane
How to Make Bubble Tea (Boba Tea) – Happy Happy Nester
Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Cookies – Finding Lovely
5 Ingredient Blueberry Crepes – Zevy Joy
Raspberry Lemonade Sorbet – Jenna Kate At Home
Easy Pasta Recipe – My 100 Year Old Home
Easy Italian Sausage Pasta – Maison De Pax
Creamy Grape Salad – Twelve on Main
Pin the image below to your Pasta or Recipe boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!