Have you ever looked at a cake and thought, “I wish I could make and eat that”? Well, with edible paper pastry sheets, now you can!
Today, I am sharing how to make a cake with edible paper pastry sheets. It’s simple, and the results are sure to wow your friends and family. So what are you waiting for? Let’s start baking!
My New Favorite Cake
You know how much I love to make cakes.
I have been looking for an amazing cake idea that looks incredible but is very easy. And I found it!
The cake I made today is covered with an edible paper pastry sheet. The sheet is printed with edible ink (on edible paper) and is placed on a frosted cake.
It looks amazing, tastes good, and is not hard to make.
That is what I call perfection!
Where to Find an Edible Cake Pastry Sheet
I found two places that sell these sheets (already printed) with great designs, Amazon and Etsy. You can find the printed sheets on Amazon here. Etsy has lots of options but my favorites are the floral printed sheets and tile sheets (like the one I used).
Let’s Make a Cake with Edible Paper Pastry Sheets
To make this cake, I used two boxes of gluten-free cake mix, two pieces of this edible paper pastry sheets, and double the recipe of my Buttercream Frosting recipe.
- one – The easiest way to make a quick gluten-free cake is to use a mix. I love the King of Flour cake. I accidentally bought confetti but just sifted out the candies quite easily for a white cake.
- two – Make three cakes and bake them in the oven.
- three – Cool on a cooling rack.
- four – Make a “cake form” with parchment paper using the cake pan. Staple the parchment paper to hold it together.
- five – Take the “form” out of the pan and place it on a cake stand. Place the first cake layer in the form and top with frosting, making sure that the frosting goes all the way to the edges.
- six – Repeat with all three layers.
- seven – Remove the parchment paper by opening and tearing gently at the staples.
- eight – Frost the remaining outsides of the cake, keeping the edges and top as even as possible.
- nine – Measure the height of your cake (all the way around the entire cake) and mark the edges of the edible paper pastry sheets.
- ten – Trim the edges on the sheets and cut them to fit the cake.
- eleven – Peel off the plastic backing.
- twelve – Place the sheets on the frosted cake and use a flat edge to adhere the sheet to the cake.
And this is the finished cake. Isn’t it wonderful?
And here is my Buttercream Frosting recipe.
- 1 cup nonsalted butter (do not warm)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 - 6 TBL coconut milk (I like Thai Kitchen Organic)
- Cream the butter until soft in a mixer for about two minutes.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, and three TBL of coconut milk.
- Add the remaining TBL of coconut milk as needed. If you are making roses, make sure the frosting is thick so it will hold its shape. If it gets too soft, place it in the refrigerator for about twenty minutes.
- When frosting cupcakes, place in the freezer for about one hour before decorating.
If you are enjoying my blog, you can sign up to receive my blog updates here. .
Watch My Amazon Live
Click here to watch any of my Amazon Live shows. All shows are recorded.
Yesterday I shared a fun Live Show titled Get Your House Ready for Summer.
Are you so excited to make a gorgeous cake with edible paper pastry sheets? Below is everything that I used to make mine!
Pin the image below to your boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!