Homemade Marshmallows are not only fun to make but they taste delicious! Today I am sharing my favorite Marshmallow recipe for S’mores.
I love to make Marshmallows! Today I made Vanilla Marshmallows with a Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Crust and Chocolate Bars. Which technically makes them Marshmallow S’mores. This is by far my favorite marshmallow recipe for s’mores. And why is that?
Because I used two of my favorite recipes to make this amazing dessert.
And just in case you want more s’mores recipes, there are seven more listed at the bottom of this post! Be sure to scroll down to see them all.
I thought it would be fun to make a graham cracker crust for these marshmallows. So I used the recipe for my graham cracker crust with peanut butter that I make with my Peanut Butter Fudge.
My boys tasted these tonight and my favorite comment was “Mom, these are amazing!”.
How to Make My Favorite Marshmallow Recipe for S’mores
Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Marshmallow S’mores are the best! Especially when the recipe is created from two of my favorites.
One of the tricks to making marshmallows is to line the pan with saran wrap. Then spray it with cooking spray. Marshmallows are very sticky and you want to make sure to follow this step.
After you make the peanut butter graham cracker crust, press it into the pan.
Cook the marshmallow mixture per the recipe.
Add the marshmallow on top of the crust and place in the refrigerator to thicken.
Once ready, lift the entire marshmallow out of the pan, using the saran wrap.
Cut the marshmallow with a sharp knife dipped in hot water.
- Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Crust
- • 8 oz. (1/2 box) of powdered or confectioners sugar
- • 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- • 4 oz. jar chunky peanut butter
- • 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla Marshmallows
- • 1/2 cups cold water
- • 3 packets of gelatin (.75 oz.)
- • 2 cups sugar
- • 3/4 cups light corn syrup
- • 1/4 cup water
- • 1/8 tsp salt
- • 1 TBL vanilla
- Optional: Chocolate Bars
Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Crust
1. Prepare a 7" x 7" baking pan by lining the bottom and edges of the pan with saran wrap. Spray with cooking spray.
2. Mix the first four ingredients. Press into the baking pan.
3. Refrigerate twenty minutes.
1. Place 1/2 cup water in the bowl of a stand-up mixer and sprinkle gelatin on top. Let sit while cooking the sugar mixture.
2. In a small saucepan combine sugar, light corn syrup, and 1/4 cup water. stir until mixed well. Heat until sugar starts to boil and continue to boil for one minute. Remove from
3. Add sugar mixture to gelatin and add salt. Turn on the mixer and mix for 12 - 13 minutes until sugar is barely warm and thick. Add vanilla and mix thoroughly.
4. Put on gloves and spray gloves with cooking spray. Transfer marshmallow mixture into the pan with peanut butter crust. Flatten the top with your fingers and place plastic on top (after covering plastic with cooking spray).
5. Place in refrigerator until set, about 90 minutes - 3 hours.
6. When set, take marshmallow out of the pan by gently lifting plastic wrap. Cut marshmallows with a long skinny knife, dipping into hot water to prevent sticking. Cut into
7. Top with chocolate bars.
8. Optional - Place in a warm oven or under the broiler for two minutes until marshmallow and chocolate begin to melt. Serve immediately.
To use agar, simply dissolve it in hot liquid like water. Let it sit for about 60 minutes until it firms up. You don’t need to store it in the refrigerator.
Generally, agar agar powder can replace gelatin at a 1:1 ratio. In other words, if you need 2 teaspoons of gelatin, use 2 teaspoons of powdered agar agar. If you’re using agar agar flakes, use 1 tablespoon for every 1 teaspoon of agar agar powder.
Serve with chocolate bars.
These s’mores are the best. They can be served as is or toasted under the broiler. This Marshmallow recipe is so good!
More S’mores Desserts!
My Favorite Recipe for Marshmallow S’mores – My 100 Year Old Home
S’mores Bar Ideas Perfect for Summer – Twelve on Main
Outdoor Fireplace – S’more Time! – Dreaming of Homemaking
No Churn S’Mores Ice Cream – Jenna Kate at Home
S’mores Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe – Happy Happy Nester
A Grown Up Version of S’mores for the 4th of July – Most Lovely Things
S’mores Dessert Charcuterie Board – Modern Glam
Pin the image below to your Recipe or Dessert boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!