When it comes to fruits that capture both tangy and sweet, lemons and blueberries reign supreme. Lemon blueberry recipes are my favorite!
Their delightful combination has gained immense popularity among food enthusiasts. Today I am celebrating the irresistible duo of lemons and blueberries by exploring their remarkable flavors and sharing some newly created recipes.
Savor the Perfect Pairing: Lemon Blueberry Recipes That Capture Hearts and Taste Buds
Lemons and blueberries, two beloved fruits, come together to create an enchanting culinary experience. The tangy zest of lemons harmonizes with the sweet burst of blueberries, resulting in an irresistible flavor pairing.
From the zingy lemon blueberry cocktails to the heavenly blueberry lemon pie, these recipes showcase the versatility and popularity of this enchanting duo.
Explore the world of lemon blueberry recipes and discover the joy of these captivating flavors in every bite.
Lemon and blueberries are a match made in culinary heaven. The zesty, citrusy brightness of lemons perfectly complements the sweet, juicy burst of blueberries. The contrasting flavors harmonize beautifully, creating a delightful balance that adds depth and complexity to any dish. The synergy of these two flavors brings a burst of freshness and tang to every bite.
Get ready to indulge in the captivating world of lemon blueberry coffee cake, a pie, muffins, and a cocktail, and discover why these recipes have captured the hearts of so many.
Lemon Blueberry Recipes
Heavenly Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
Indulge in the blissful combination of lemon and blueberries with a delectable coffee cake. This moist and tender coffee cake features a generous swirl of tangy lemon filling and a scattering of juicy blueberries. With a crumbly streusel topping and a tangy glaze, this coffee cake is a delightful treat for any time of the day.
These coffee cakes can be made individually or in an 8″ pan. I like the smaller size because I love these pans! This coffee cake is just three easy steps and so easy to make!
You start this recipe by making the crumble topping. Next, mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another. Add them together, fold in the blueberries, and add the mixture to the pan.
Bake and you will have a very popular breakfast dish!
- For the streusel topping:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Zest of 1 lemon
- For the cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the streusel topping ingredients until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Mix in the sour cream and lemon zest until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared baking pan, then sprinkle half of the streusel topping over it.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and streusel.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the coffee cake to cool before serving.
On this blog, I may sometimes use affiliate links, which means a small commission is earned if you purchase via the link. The price will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link.
Irresistible Blueberry Lemon Pie
Embrace the ultimate fusion of flavors with a blueberry lemon pie. This pie showcases a luscious blueberry filling infused with the brightness of lemon. The combination of sweet blueberries and tart lemon creates a tantalizing filling that is encased in a flaky crust. Savor each bite of this pie, which effortlessly balances sweet and tangy notes.
This pie was easy to make and the crust is really good! I added three tbl of ice water and the consistency of the dough was perfect.
This pie takes very little time to make! Just make the blueberry filling and add it to the crust. Bake with foil on top of the pie, remove, and then bake again. That’s all it takes to make this wonderful pie.
- For the crust:
- 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- 3-4 tablespoons ice water
- For the filling:
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
For the crust:
- In a food processor, combine the flour and salt. Add the cold butter cubes and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add the ice water, one tablespoon at a time, and pulse until the dough comes together.
- Shape the dough into a disk, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Roll out the chilled dough on a floured surface to fit a 9-inch pie dish.
- Transfer the dough to the pie dish, trim any excess, and crimp the edges. Set aside.
For the filling:
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest, and lemon juice until well combined.
- Pour the blueberry mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Cover the pie with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbly.
- Allow the pie to cool completely before serving.
Enjoy these tantalizing lemon blueberry recipes and indulge in the delightful flavors of this irresistible duo!
Lemon Blueberry Gluten Free Muffins
Gluten-free muffins are a great way to start the day. We are eating healthier and these Lemon Blueberry Gluten-Free muffins are delicious. Healthy sometimes has a tasteless connotation. Not these Lemon Blueberry Gluten-Free muffins. They are so flavorful and yummy, you won’t miss the gluten!
- 2 cups Better Batter Cup for Cup All Purpose Flour (gluten-free with xanthan gum)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (I used non-dairy Country Crock Plant Based butter)
- 3 TBL agave syrup (or honey)
- ½ cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 large lemon zested and juiced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (if canned, be sure to drain)
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Fill 12 - 15 muffin cups with muffin liners and spray
with cooking spray.
- Blend the flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, combine butter, agave syrup, mashed banana, and vanilla. Mix on medium-low speed until combined. Add the eggs and beat until fully.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix at low speed until thick. Add the almond milk and lemon zest and juice and mix in by hand.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans about 2/3 full.
- Bake until a wooden skewer into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 35 - 40 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool. If you didn’t use muffin liners, transfer the muffins to a cooling rack.
For dairy-free muffins, use plant-based butter.
For non-gluten-free muffins, use all-purpose flour.
Blueberry Lemon Cooler Cocktail
This Blueberry Lemon Cooler cocktail has my favorite flavored vodka and a wonderful mixture of fresh blueberries and fresh lemon. This refreshing drink is perfect for a warm summer evening.
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup Kettle One Peach Blossom Vodka
- 1 cup club soda
- 1/2 sliced fresh lemon
- Make the ice cubes by placing a few blueberries and some small slices of lemon into an ice cube tray. Place in the freezer until frozen.
- To make the Simple Sugar - Combine 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of blueberries, and 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 - 12 minutes until the liquid is the consistency of syrup. While cooking, stir occasionally and press the blueberries on the side of the pan to add flavor. Remove from heat and cool. Strain the mixture into a ball jar and seal tightly with the lid. Store in a refrigerator for up to one month.
- Place the ice cubes in a glass. Add 1/4 cup simple syrup.
- Add 1/4 to 1/3 cup of vodka. Fill glass with club soda.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a slice of lemon.
If you are enjoying my blog, you can sign up to receive my blog updates here. .
Watch My Amazon Live
Pin the image below to your boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!