I love to cook. And cooking for special occasions is my favorite thing to do. Today I am sharing Mother’s Day Brunch ideas.
I am also sharing two recipes that taste amazing and are easy to make. It’s a good thing these recipes are easy to make because I don’t typically cook on Mother’s Day. It’s my day off! So I am hoping my husband will make these for me instead!
I am also sharing some wonderful Mother’s Day recipes from seven of my blogger friends. Be sure to scroll down to the end of this post for more great recipes for Mother’s Day Brunch.
The first item I made was a wonderful Pesto, Sundried Tomato and Onion Fritatta. It took less than an hour to make and can easily be adapted to your own tastes!
I made up the recipe and added ingredients that I already had in my refrigerator and pantry. Which means you can do the same thing.
Basically, I layered the Rondele cheese, pesto, and sundried tomatoes. And then added caramelized onions and eggs. Bake it and you are done.
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup Rondele cheese
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Place sliced onion in a fry pan and generously drizzle with olive oil. Saute onions until caramelized, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Spray a frittata pan with cooking spray and layer with Rondele cheese, pesto sauce, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Add cooked onions.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour over pesto mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Check oven at 20 minutes for doneness.
Every breakfast and brunch needs to include Baked Brown Sugar Bacon. This is the best way to cook bacon! I do need to warn you that you definitely cannot eat only one piece. It’s that good!
The trick to making this bacon is to cook it on racks, so the oil drips to the bottom of a pan. I like to pretend this makes it healthier since the recipe does call for brown sugar. But there are only two ingredients. Bacon and brown sugar. Yum!
- One pound of thick sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and top with a cookie rack.
- Place bacon on rack.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread brown sugar on top of bacon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for twenty to thirty minutes until crisp.
There is nothing better than a fun “punch for brunch” and Janine from Happy Happy Nester shares a simple punch recipe. I can’t wait to try it.
Tauni Everett shared a recipe for Hatch Chile Egg Bake Breakfast Casserole. This sounds really great!
Doreen Corrigan put together a wonderful Mother’s Day Brunch Menu. I love this!
Krista from The Happy Housie shared an amazing Raspberry Mimosa Recipe. I am making this for sure on Mother’s Day.
Ashley from Modern Glam has a recipe for Spanish Gin and Tonics. I might even try this recipe for my vodka tonics too!
Jackie from Finding Lovely made the most amazing Strawberry Lemon Crumble Muffins. Don’t these look delicious?
I love eggs benedict. And Christina from the DIY Mommy shared a recipe for Easy Waffles Eggs Benedict. This is such a fabulous brunch idea!