Gluten-free muffins are a great way to start the day. We are eating healthier and these Lemon Blueberry Gluten-Free muffins are delicious.
Healthy sometimes has a tasteless connotation. Not these Lemon Blueberry Gluten-Free muffins. They are so flavorful and yummy, you won’t miss the gluten!
Just so you know, I teamed up with nine other bloggers and today we are all sharing healthy recipes. Be sure to scroll down to see them all.
A Healthy Twist on Muffins
There are health trends that come and go, but the gluten-free one is here to stay. There are so many people that (for many reasons), choose to eat gluten-free. Most choose not to eat gluten for medical and dietary reasons.
I am one of those people.
I had some fun in the kitchen and practiced making a batch of Lemon Blueberry Muffins. It was time to make a batch of gluten-free and dairy-free muffins. Although, I did include options in the recipe to include dairy or regular flour.
I have shared a lot of Gluten-Free recipes since I changed my diet a year and a half ago. Here are some of the recipes you might want to also try.
I am often asked how I convert regular recipes to gluten-free.
Usually, it involves some trial and error.
Often I am not just taking out the gluten. I try to substitute granulated sugar for Agave syrup and a ripe banana. But this substitution definitely tastes less sweet. To me, it’s worth the trade.
Not all recipes can be made gluten-free just by switching out the flour. The most important thing to know is that you likely need a One-to-One or Measure-to-Measure gluten-free flour which means the xanthan gum has been added to the flour so you can just substitute it. Just replace one cup for one cup.
When I try a new recipe, I always only cook half of the batter in case a major modification is needed. For these muffins, I USD plant-based butter and the lack of fat in the recipe caused the paper liners to stick. So I made a few more but sprayed the liners with cooking spray first. That was the solution.
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Gluten-Free Muffins
This is a very easy recipe and all of the instructions are included in the recipe below. The dry ingredients are mixed separately and the wet ingredients are mixed in an electric mixer. Fold in the blueberries and add the muffin dough to some muffin tins. That’s pretty much all you need to do.
- 2 cups Better Batter Cup for Cup All Purpose Flour (gluten-free with xanthan gum)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (I used non-dairy Country Crock Plant Based butter)
- 3 TBL agave syrup (or honey)
- ½ cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 large lemon zested and juiced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (if canned, be sure to drain)
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Fill 12 - 15 muffin cups with muffin liners and spray
with cooking spray.
- Blend the flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a mixer bowl, combine butter, agave syrup, mashed banana, and vanilla. Mix on medium-low speed until combined. Add the eggs and beat until fully.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix at low speed until thick. Add the almond milk and lemon zest and juice and mix in by hand.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans about 2/3 full.
- Bake until a wooden skewer into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 35 - 40 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool. If you didn’t use muffin liners, transfer the muffins to a cooling rack.
For dairy-free muffins, use plant-based butter.
For non-gluten-free muffins, use all-purpose flour.
Here is everything you need to whip up a batch of these yummy gluten free muffins!
If you are enjoying my blog, you can sign up to receive my blog updates here. .
Watch My Amazon Live
I love having the chance to talk with all of you about all of the things that I love.
I am now sharing a few Amazon Live broadcasts every week and I hope you will tap on the links to see what’s new.
10 Healthy Recipe Ideas You Will Love
Healthy White Bean Dip // Modern Glam
Couscous and Sweet Potato Salad Recipe // Happy Happy Nester
Sugar Free Peanut Butter Bites // Tatertots & Jello
Best Avocado Toast With Egg Recipe // Inspiration For Moms
Lemon Blueberry Gluten Free Muffins // My 100 Year Old Home
Quinoa Edamame And Pea Salad // Craftberry Bush
A Healthy Main Course Salad with Shrimp // Most Lovely Things
How to Make Healthy Chicken Salad That’s Full of Flavor // Twelve On Main
Crunchy Kale Avocado Toast // Finding Lovely
“Mock” Garlic Mashed Potatoes // My Sweet Savannah
Pin the image below to your boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!