It’s not new news that Hurricane Harvey is continuing in its force and destruction. To be honest, being in Taipei, there wasn’t a lot of news or talk about the devastation, so when I got home the other night, I was in shock. While it’s easy to feel hopeless when you’re not there to physically help, there’s still a lot you can do. And while a small donation might not feel like much, it definitely has an impact. The only good that comes from these crazy events is they bring us together. So let’s all join together and do everything we can to help the people of Texas and Louisiana.
Here are five ways you can help
- (100% of profits go towards disaster relief efforts)
- In times of trouble, we often forget babies and senior citizens need diapers to survive. Often times other relief organizations forgo diapers as they take up a ton of space on the trucks… but they are needed!
- It’s no surprise that food donations will be needed after Harvey. With the Houston Food Bank, you can support via donation or time.
- If you’re an animal lover, you’ve probably seen the photos of the animals during this time. Many are left behind and eventually taken to shelters. SPCA transports these animals to safe places. You can donate or if you are local to the Houston area, foster a displaced animal until it is reunited with its owner.
- If you have a spare room, you can host someone by listing your home on Airbnb for free, with no service fees to anyone.