I had so much fun creating this delicious cocktail. I started with blueberries and ended up a Blueberry Lemon Summer Cocktail. It is both refreshing and delicious!
Sometimes I just get lucky. When I joined this summer drink blog hop, I wanted to make my own recipe for a fabulous summer cocktail. I had no idea what to make, but when I opened the refrigerator and saw two large boxes of blueberries sitting next to a lemon, that was it!
Yes, that is how my Blueberry Lemon Summer Cooler came to be.
I had to experiment and taste a bit, which I did without the vodka. It didn’t take long to come up with a recipe. It was very important to me that the drink not only tasted great but looked like a summer cocktail. Fortunately, I knew exactly what I had to do to get the perfect blueberry color.
List of Ingredients for a Blueberry Lemon Cooler
Kettle One Peach & Orange Blossom Vodka
The first thing I did was to make some fancy ice cubes. I used the plastic ice cube molds that are primarily used for cocktails. I put a few blueberries and a few small pieces of cut lemon in each ice cube mold.
Look how great they look!
I decided the best way to get a gorgeous color in my drinks was to make a Blueberry Simple Syrup. If you haven’t made Simple Syrup before, it’s incredibly easy. Just use one part water and one part sugar and bring to a boil and then simmer for about ten minutes until the mixture has a “syrup-like” thickness. If you want to add fruit to the Simple Syrup, just use one part syrup, one part water, and one part fruit.
I boiled the mixture and then let it simmer for about 12 – 15 minutes. Then I strained it, making sure I smashed the blueberries as much as possible. Store the syrup in a sealed jar in the refrigerator.
Once cooled, I poured the Blueberry Simple Syrup into glasses with ice cubes.
Then I added the Kettle One Peach & Orange Blossom Vodka and club soda. To finish I added a squeeze of lemon and a lemon garnish. That’s it!
I love the color of these summer cocktails so much!
They taste delicious too.
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup Kettle One Peach Blossom Vodka
- 1 cup club soda
- 1/2 sliced fresh lemon
- Make the ice cubes by placing a few blueberries and some small slices of lemon into an ice cube tray. Place in the freezer until frozen.
- To make the Simple Sugar - Combine 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of blueberries, and 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 - 12 minutes until the liquid is the consistency of syrup. While cooking, stir occasionally and press the blueberries on the side of the pan to add flavor. Remove from heat and cool. Strain the mixture into a ball jar and seal tightly with the lid. Store in a refrigerator for up to one month.
- Place the ice cubes in a glass. Add 1/4 cup simple syrup.
- Add 1/4 to 1/3 cup of vodka. Fill glass with club soda.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a slice of lemon.
Today I’m joined by some of my blogging friends who are also sharing their summer drink recipes with you!
Just click the links below the images to be taken to their post…
Sugar Free Raspberry Syrup Gin Soda Cocktail – The Happy Housie
Salty Dog Grapefruit Cocktail – Jenna Kate at Home
Blueberry Lemon Summer Cocktail – My 100 Year Old Home
Easy Summer Cocktail Recipe – Modern Glam
Simple Mojito Recipe – Inspiration for Moms
Summer Tropical Berry Slushie – Cassie Bustamante
How to Make Whipped Coffee – She Gave it a Go
Avocado Banana Smoothie – Dans le Lakehouse
Coconut Milkshake – Life is a Party
Lemonade Float Bar – Clean & Scentsible
Peach Ice Tea – Paint Me Pink
Peach Lemonade Spritzer – Nick and Alicia
Kitchen Bar & Free Margaritas – My Sweet Savannah
Strawberry Lemon Tea with a Hint of Mint – Amber Tysl
Summer Beer-Ritas – This is Our Bliss
Pin the image below to your Drinks or Summer Cocktail Recipe boards on Pinterest (just click the Pin button in the top left corner). You can also follow along with me on Pinterest!